Xbox One CoD Ghosts: 1st Impression by a not so hardcore gamer

xXDrunknpandaXx

(For straight 1st impression skip first paragraph)

So it turns out i really got the xbox one looking forward to Halo but i have to say im really skeptical about the new one by just watching the trailer. So i Have the xbox one and got Assassins Creed. I Played and messed with it for a couple hours just to Be disappointed by the investment into the xbox. I figured if anything i had fun listening to my little nieces dance and giggle on Just Dance 2014 which they love but once again was this really what i was expecting from the Xbox One, is this it??So i couldn't wait for Ebay to send me my copy of COD, which i ordered about 2 days before the XB1 Came out an still have not received, so i purchased it from the Market place on ThanksGiving (Yesterday) started to Download it and began to wait..and wait..and wait.. 2 hours later Had thanks giving dinner ,finished with seconds..watched TV, Jumped back to see where the game was on downloading and Bam... 32%.. Sometime later (Probably another hour or 2 it finally reached 50%) As soon as it was Playable i clicked on it and loaded right up.

1st Impression as i Jump to Campaign .The story line seems pretty interesting and i will admit as soon as the campaign started i was in Awe . So this is XB1?! The Map was dare i say Beautiful. The fact that you start in Modern day San Diego CA really pulled me being from CA myself , But why cant they get facial Expressions right? It seems to throw off the whole game for me..or am i just being too picky?, Everything else seems so real and so well put together. When it jumped to the scene where your in space, I knew right then i was going to be hooked, I had to see more this was brilliant! Floating threw space trying to take the station back from these Terrorist ?! Amazing! So much fun i have to say once i got through the 1st mission i couldn't wait to check out the next mission only to be halted as the game was still not done being installed...
At This Point i did attempt to play online which it did let me and once again i was blown away. Though the system and connection does Glitch still occasionally i have to say i hadn't had that much fun playing a game online since halo 3 came out, It only confirmed to me what i had already suspected , I was hooked, 3 hours quickly flew by as i played match making . Love it and i cant wait to really get into it.
Thanks Guys ! -Panda

(Sorry as you can tell i don't write to many review or papers.. lol, just a guy that thought it had to put this out there for those who were not impressed by the XB1 yet)

I agree with you. I am absolutely, totally impressed by the way Xbox one works. I too, am a fan of Call of Duty. At first I was hesitant because I thought (from the videos) that it would just be like the previous versions. After trying it for an hour I got hooked. I was not able to finish the 1st campaign in 3 hours. It took me about 9 to 10 hours. Either way, I'm loving this new console. I have no complaints.

Hey Panda! Agreed, I'm really enjoying the campaign. Will probably start playing some multiplayer tomorrow...Or I may just finish the campaign :) Crazy though, downloading until the game was playable only took me 10 minutes or so.

I have a meh attitude towards Ghosts. It's not bad but it's just another Call of Duty game. Really just average at best, I wanted it to be good but it's definitely on the downside of Call of Duty. Hopefully the negative reaction (despite the sales) will encourage the devs to change up the forumala but a large part of me doubts it.

I was sort of ambiguous about Ghosts. I've sort of gotten bored of the entire Call of Duty franchise, and the variance between games is little to none at this point. Yeah they can add new stats and kill streak rewards and you can play as a dog and blah blah blah, but it's still (at the core) the same game as COD 4 was. Like redty said above, I think the devs need to change it up quite a bit, and give us something brand new like Titanfall seems like it is going to do. So overall, not my favorite, but I'm hopeful for a revamp in the next game.

i think ghost is fire with all the kill streaks and stuff my opionion is that its the best cod game so far im hoping they make another one tho

glad u enjoyed it..i have yet to play bf4 campaign i jumped right into multiplayer.

We're playing Call of Duty Ghosts on Xbox 360, haven't upgraded to the Xbox One yet, and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the difference between the two, or is there a difference at all? I am working on getting the Xbox One, but on a game like this one, I am wondering if the upgraded console provides any real benefits...like should I get an Xbox One and then rebuy the game for the One platform? What am I missing?

I enjoyed the campaign but as far as the multiplayer i wasnt that impressed. I agree though the campaign maps were beautiful and it was a fun and interesting storyline.

I didn't really understand all the hate this game received. But then again, every new call of duty gets hate. I enjoyed it and hell, I still play it today, even with Black Ops III and Advanced Warfare in my library. It helps me get back to my senses. Sometimes the futuristic insanity get's a little too much!
Not to say Ghosts is anything like Modern Warfare or previous iterations of the series, but it is simple in comparison to today's Call of Duty's. I don't like playing games with outdated graphics, I have a sort of OCD when it comes to that, so Ghosts is great. Not to say the ones before that aren't though.

Back