Xbox One Anyone else having horrible Wireless problems?

NewXboxOneOwner

From
Oregon
2.4 ghz when connected 3.3mbps 5.0 ghz 53mbps but it drops connection and cannot see the router and cannot reconnect.

Wired im over 57mbps. Anyone lese with these issues? My router is 18 inches from the console.. its a Netgear R6300

If it's 18 inches away why not use a wired connection? Just wondering if there are any details you left out.

I haven't experienced any problems like that, I would try to power cycle the router and reconnect the Xbox One.

Have you tried moving the Xbox away from the router a bit? I found in a quick internet search some say you should have devices at least 5-6 ft from the router or it can cause "severely distorted received signal" due to the signal being too strong. I am no IT guy but it may be worth a try.

I have had no problems which is surprising because I always seem to have problems with my wireless. Its probably trying to lure me into a false sense of security!

What I've learned from past experience is that with consoles, always go with a cable even though it has wifi connection. For whatever reason, the connection is always weak and inconsistent for me. My room is 20 meters away from the router and I still went with a cable. I dragged it all the way from the router to my room for better connection and one thing less to worry about. If you absolutely must go wireless, you may have to look for inteference, channel congestion, and etc.

Afraid I can't say that I've been having the same issues with you. As others have said though, I would advise going for wired over wireless if it is as close as you say it is.

i can say i have a 200+dollar router

with that said my 360 can stream netflix/amazon no problem... oncei t comes to multiplayer gaming it struggles... the 360 is across the house..

my xb1 is a wired connection and i do get drops but my pc stays up... i think allot of it has to do with the always on and fact its loading up with packets... same reason you have to do resets/empty cache...

usually once every few weeks i will reset both the router and xb1 with a full power off and wait... since i started doing this my connection seems to be a bit more stable... the newest issue is usually with twitch and its adds.. seems to cycle them and lock the screen and only leave chatt up..

i personally dont think allot of the network problems are network as much as a netcode or networking program code... u have to think of all the providers and such that the xb1 has to adapt to.. send and recieve packets from... i guess that is all in stability updates.. which we seem to get monthly... so its always in the works.

Try checking your router. Some routers have a connection limit, for example, I have set by Belkein to 5 devices. Beyond that, devices can't connect to the router. Alternatively, check if there are any compatibility issues. But if the problem persists, I would suggest you get your box switched out. Even minor problems can become a huge pain later on.

I have not experienced any wireless internet connection issues what so ever over the entire time that I've owned my Xbox one. You might want to contact your internet provider to see if there's any type of problem with your internet connection. There could also be a device near your router that is interfering with with your routers internet signal.

I'm actually on the same router and I don't really have any problems like that. It went about as smooth as one could possibly imagine. Perhaps upgrading the firmware will help?

I have a relatively lackluster router, but it doesn't give me any troubles like that with the Xbox One, no matter how close it is to the console. A wired connection is always preferable to a wireless one, even if you have to get creative to make that happen in other rooms. Wired connections are faster and more consistent, and if the wire's in, you probably won't have any trouble with the connection not working.

Don't get me wrong, you can have smooth wireless gameplay. However, I've always been a supporter of using wired connection for gaming, especially if you are that close to the router. When it comes to wireless online gameplay, there are too many variables towards having lag and slower gameplay. Even if you have an expensive router, 50+mbps, and no throttling from your ISP. Just connect your laptop/PC to the router for a smoother experience.

I can relate to your problem. Initially, I was using a wireless connection for my Xbox One because the router was 3 rooms away. I didn't want to drag the cable all over and make special adjustments just because of it but in the end, I had to.

I often play multiplayer games or do things with my friends on my Xbox so a good connection is a must. The wireless one that I was using just wasn't working. It is a good strong Wifi but for some reason, the Xbox had problems picking it up. I had to end up switching to the ethernet cable. I think it is better to have a stable connection and that you know it won't give you sudden disconnects or lag spikes.

Don't get me wrong, you can have smooth wireless gameplay. However, I've always been a supporter of using wired connection for gaming, especially if you are that close to the router. When it comes to wireless online gameplay, there are too many variables towards having lag and slower gameplay. Even if you have an expensive router, 50+mbps, and no throttling from your ISP. Just connect your laptop/PC to the router for a smoother experience.

That's right! I totally agree with every almost word you said because I was going to comment practically the same thing.

Well... I don't know if I can consider myself a lucky person, but this kind of connection problem is very rare to happen to me.

Back