Xbox One Are they gonna remake the rest of the Resident Evil series?

BJvaca15

So I was chatting on another thread about the Resident Evil HD remake and it made me wonder... are they gonna remake the rest of the series? Does anyone know? I've been playing the remake of the original since it came out this time last week and I'm really digging it. I hope they do HD remakes of the other ones, too.

i kinda hope this "trend" of remaking old games slows down... seems everything good to be released is an old game with allot of polishing.. boardelands is the one that comes to mind.. (halo tried it) resident evil is doing it.. along with a few other games that have surfaced recently. seems like all the new aaa games are failing why the old stuff is holdig strong.

i did hear a good conversation or topic the other day. games were much harder 10 years ago. games today are build so everyone can feel accomplished or can adjust to the learning curve fast. i had herd a record holding speed runner player mention the same thing before.. he specifically spoke about volgar(free game with gold) about how its a very easy game as a speed runner but the general masses its quite hard.

I actually like the fact that a lot of the older games are being remade, not that I don't want to see new games continue to come out, too, though. I agree that a lot of the older games were a lot harder than the newer games. Using the original RE as an example, it doesn't auto save and you only get a limited number of typewriter ribbons to save with, so you have to pick and choose when and where you save and if you die, you could wind up with a lot of game play to do over again.

I like the older games being remade so I can play them on my new consoles. Love most of the re games so will be good to try. I also agree games were much harder and in some cases better 10 years ago

Remaking of games should be left to good games, I would love to see a remake of Resident Evil 4. That game was amazing and the sheer scale of it amazed me as I played it on my old PC.
It was visually impressive for it's time and I would still play it today. It was genuinely frightening and the weapons were awesome. There was so much content and features for such an old game. I would love to see a remastered version with improved visuals ( not to say the visuals aren't great, even by today's standards ) and improved sound quality as for some reason the game lacked that. Just thinking about that games makes me nostalgic, it was a great game no doubt and a true horror.

I liked all of the original Resident Evil games so I'd love to see all of them remade for next generation consoles. I think my favorite RE game is Code Veronica; I would love to play it in HD on Xbox One.

It would be pretty sweet to get a RE reboot that let you play through the highlights of all of them and lead into a new release. I miss all of the games, it would create crazy interest, maybe even function as a way to add more players to an online format...somebody should hire me tbqh

Remaking all of the Resident Evil games sounds like a plan to me but I don't know if they're actually planning on it. I'd like to see up through RE:4 re-released at the very least.

i kinda hope this "trend" of remaking old games slows down... seems everything good to be released is an old game with allot of polishing.. boardelands is the one that comes to mind.. (halo tried it) resident evil is doing it.. along with a few other games that have surfaced recently. seems like all the new aaa games are failing why the old stuff is holdig strong.

i did hear a good conversation or topic the other day. games were much harder 10 years ago. games today are build so everyone can feel accomplished or can adjust to the learning curve fast. i had herd a record holding speed runner player mention the same thing before.. he specifically spoke about volgar(free game with gold) about how its a very easy game as a speed runner but the general masses its quite hard.
I think that we will see something new with the launch of the new console next year. For now I don't think that anyone is going to take a big risk until they know what they can do with it.

Well, remaking a whole series would actually be a big waste coming from them, they should just release new games or add some more to the series in order to make it more interesting and whatnot. Remaking a whole series is not really worth it. Sometimes I would rather play RE on my PSone than playing them on new consoles.

Well I cannot say that I have heard anything, but I wouldn't mind having another one of these to play. I remember being pretty scared when I was playing the first one, but of course I was a lot younger. They were pretty entertaining games, and I would probably something that has already been established over something completely new, in a lot of cases. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think anything past 3/Code Veronica really needs to be remade. Maybe one day but not now.

@GunGunW I definitely have to agree with you, that was one of the best versions ever, I used to play it on my PS2 back in the days when it still worked, it really was one hell of a scary game :D

I think that undertaking a remake of the whole series would be just a total waste of resources, and that they should rather focus on making new and more interesting games instead. There are a lot of different directions they could go with that series if they get creative enough.

Back