Xbox One Ark Survival Evolved

Aston

Come play Ark Survivor Evolved fun survival game with dinosaurs.

Add psycoarc as your friend to join our server.

Is anybody still playing this game? I'm considering buying it but I'd like to know the state it's in right now. If it's worth the money and if some of the previous issues were fixed. How many people are still playing on the servers?

I really love its gameplay and the concept itself but I feel like their execution wasn't as good as I first expected. Hope it's improved, all information appreciated :)

I used to play it, and it used to be good... until the latest patch. They ruined lot of things: some nerf, some changes, it's pretty much considered a worse game by everyone by now.
I mean, I like the basic idea of the game: survival with dinosuars?! DINOSAURS?! who doesn't love dinosaurs? But the execution nowadays is not that good, as you said... I hope that when the full game comes out it will be more polished and fun. It's still fun, not as fun as in the beginning....

So, since I'm looking into buying it, would you advise me against it? If it's a waste of money in the current state then I'd prefer to know it. I know it depends on a bit on each person but there's still a general idea whether it's good or not. I do know that some people left it but I'm not sure how populated the servers are right now.

As I said, the concept is really appealing to me because it's unique but if there's still many bugs, disconnects, and so on then maybe I'll buy Subnautica since I'm torn between these two. Each is unique.

Thank you for the help Xilkozuf :)

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with Subnautica - but that's probably just because I like the setting of it the most.
As for now, Ark isn't really shining in the early days so I wouldn't advise buying it a full price... if you find it cheap, you might give it a try, otherwise stick to Subnautica since it's a pretty good game.

I took your advice and went with Subnautica. Just bought it. I've played it once before, ages ago, on my friend's PC. But I saw they've been adding a lot of content consistently which makes me really excited to play it properly on my Xbox. Just hope that I don't get eaten by a scary-mutated fish.

Maybe I'll consider getting Ark another time, if/when the developers actually fix the things.

Thank you again for your help Xilkozuf!

Back