Xbox One Battlefield-like mode coming to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, the third-person shooter set in the Plants vs. Zombies universe, will include a capture-point mode called Gardens and Graveyards, developer PopCap Games announced today on Major Nelson's blog.

Gardens and Graveyards, a 24-player mode, is a "bit of a mix between [...] Battlefield's Rush and Conquest modes," said producer Brian Lindley in an interview with Microsoft. But it will incorporate the trademark tower-defense elements of the Plants vs. Zombies games. The zombies set out to capture garden bases and turn them into graveyards, while the plants attempt to prevent them from doing so. But once the zombies capture a base, the battle moves forward to a new base at a new location.

[video=youtube;jhyDHGx9-6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyDHGx9-6Y[/video]​

Source: Polygon

I don't know about you guys, but I think this game is either going to be a whole lot of fun or a complete disaster. I enjoy PVZ and have put more hours in to those 2 games than I would like to admit; but this is something else entirely. The fact it runs on the Frostbite 3 engine has me intrigued. This could be fun to play with a group of friends and that's the only thing that keeps me hopeful. How do you guys feel about the game and the video?

i think it looks fun as well... it has a sort of playfulness and something you wont take to serious.. games like bf4/cod are quite lifelike where this game reminds me of worms Armageddon with a fps aspect to it.
its a game i havn't really looked at as a new purchase but will keep an eye out as more stuff surfaces.

I think they showed some of this at E3, and I gotta say that it looks like it could be really fun. I like that each plant has strong points and weaknesses, just like the regular version of the game.

Definitely, another masterpiece of a game. Integrating the characters of the game with first person shooting style does give me a thing to look out for. This game does rock in it's own way. I just hope that they could release it sooner.

Popcap never ceases to facinate me. This is a masterpiece like what Dom0411 said. This will be another great addition to the next gen games available out there. I can't wait to get my hands on this game and play it with other people.

I'm going for this. All I see these days are Call of Duty and Battlefield. Why not make it fun by playing as Plants and Zombies? I'm going for this one. Why not right? It's the kind of game that takes the element of Call of Duty and Battlefield and suddenly adds the comedic yet lovable style of Plants VS. Zombies to give us a game that's fun with friends, family and strangers! Hahaha. This will rock.

I'm going for this. All I see these days are Call of Duty and Battlefield. Why not make it fun by playing as Plants and Zombies? I'm going for this one. Why not right? It's the kind of game that takes the element of Call of Duty and Battlefield and suddenly adds the comedic yet lovable style of Plants VS. Zombies to give us a game that's fun with friends, family and strangers! Hahaha. This will rock.

Absolutely. I think this game will be a hit to all ages. Something that you can play with the family.

Absolutely. I think this game will be a hit to all ages. Something that you can play with the family.

We don't have to hear those, "This is too violent" or "This is too hard". Now, we got an accessible game where all you'll hear is, "I want to capture this place!" or "I'm a zombie! Yey!". Yup, I'm seeing this being a hit for all gamers.

We don't have to hear those, "This is too violent" or "This is too hard". Now, we got an accessible game where all you'll hear is, "I want to capture this place!" or "I'm a zombie! Yey!". Yup, I'm seeing this being a hit for all gamers.

Yeah, and you'll hear a lot of "hey it's my turn to play" if you have kids around. haha. Well this will be a fun family game as well.

I think my Xbox one is in trouble as soon as this game goes out. Haha. Well it's because aside from my wife, I have 3 brothers living close by (who are by the way 5, 10 and 12 years old). I hope my controller can cope up with their button mashing spree. These kids don't hold back.

I think my Xbox one is in trouble as soon as this game goes out. Haha. Well it's because aside from my wife, I have 3 brothers living close by (who are by the way 5, 10 and 12 years old). I hope my controller can cope up with their button mashing spree. These kids don't hold back.

I feel you man. Well that's how kids are. It's fun watching them play, you just gave to teach them how to be careful when using things that they don't own.

Oh yeah, you're right. That can happen. Hmmm... you'll have to watch it then. Either you prep something up in case this scenario happens or... you don't buy the game at all. But yeah, like what anomaly-dood says, you got to teach your bros how to handle the games. 'Cuz it is after all your stuff, so at least let them know how to handle what you own.

Wow. Just wow. This is the next PVZ? I'm so going to get this! Finally, a game that utilizes the FPS mechanics and making it more fun and entertaining for everybody. This is going to rock!

The more I look at this, the more I want to play this game! This game is going rock and roll baby! I'll be the plants. I always digged them. Don't matter if I don't have the Boss Mode. I'll knock out the zombies down like Eren would knock out Titans!

I'll be zombies! I;'ve been a plant way too long. I'll enjoy this. You guys better watch out 'cuz I'm going to be using Boss mode! The Evil Boss will defeat you all! wahahahahahahahahahga! >:-D

Wow. Just wow. This game looks amazing. It's not just the visuals that get me interested; it's also the gameplay. It's way, way different from the smartphone edition of the game. It's really got this fun factor that I think will have people playing this game for months. I'm in! Oh and I'm a zombie fan so yes, Boss Mode is in for me!

Wow. Just wow. This game looks amazing. It's not just the visuals that get me interested; it's also the gameplay. It's way, way different from the smartphone edition of the game. It's really got this fun factor that I think will have people playing this game for months. I'm in! Oh and I'm a zombie fan so yes, Boss Mode is in for me!

I'm all in for the capture the flag mode and co-op mode.

You're on dude! And if I can't attack you, then I'll be your coop buddy or I'll activate Boss Mode! Oh yes!!!!! I';m going to enjoy this Boss mode and plan my spawns baby!

Haha, Count me in. can't wait to play co-op with anyone. This game rocks.

Haha, Count me in. can't wait to play co-op with anyone. This game rocks.

Watch out for me buddy. Boss Mode shall decimate you! Unless you're on my side as zombies, you'd better watch out 'cuz Boss Mode is where strategy is my game! hahahahahahahahhaha! I'm going to love this.

Back