Xbox 360 Best aftermarket Xbox 360 controller?

JRFlurry

Former Moderator
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone had any luck using aftermarket Xbox 360 controllers? I found a really good deal on the Razer Onza and I'm a big fan of the Razer brand from pc gaming. The only downside is the Razer Onza isn't wireless but if the pros outweigh the cons I'll pick one or two up. Or if anyone has had any experience with other aftermarket Xbox controllers let me know.

I bought the Onza Pro version a while ago and the joysticks went bad (meaning it would operate without input causing me to turn when I didn't intend to as well as no longer responding to input with any linearity) after about a month. I contacted the company and they sent me a new one after I returned the old and paid about $20 total shipping. New one went bad just as quickly and I gave up. Was an awesome controller until it/they went bad though.

I guess you can't go wrong with Razer. I've been using a variety of products from them, especially their gaming mice but I do also have the Onza Pro which I like a lot. Although at times I feel like it's not really a necessity, the normal 360 pad works just as well for a casual console gamer like myself, but still it's good and I've not had any problems with it.

When the first model of the Xbox 360 was released, I was very unfortunate when it came to using off brand controllers! Alot of the ones that I had bought, were cheaply made, didn't function correctly, did not connect to the console, or basically just did not work at all. So after all those useless attempts of trying to save money on controllers, I just saved up and bought the authentic 360 gaming controllers instead.

I have a Razer Onza Pro, Mad Catz MLG Pro, and Razer Sabertooth Pro.

I had to return my first Onza because of trigger issues, and after some time I just decided I didn't like it with the extra bumpers and such. This is when I got the MLG Pro Circuit. I do like that I can change out the thumbsticks, and this is probably the best controller available for customization if you prefer different layouts for the d-pad and thumb sticks. I even bought some of the increased resistance thumbsticks for it which were very nice for racing games.

Then I got an email from Razer about the Sabretooth, and despite a little reluctance because of my experience with the Onza, I felt like this controller was addressing the issues that I had with their previous effort. It is by far the best 360 controller I have used, and I have used it non-stop since it was available.

I would personally suggest either the MLG Pro Circuit or the Sabretooth if you want to try a premium controller. The Onza is now being used for PC games/emulators.

Back