Xbox One Blockbuster UK Not Honoring XB1 & PS4 Preorders

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Blockbuster.jpg

Blockbuster will no longer honor pre-orders for Xbox One and PS4, it has been revealed.

Following news that the rental chain has entered administration for a second time in a year, the store said it will not fulfill new or existing orders for the consoles.

For those of you in the UK that preordered your next gen console from Blockbuster....Well, it looks like you had better try to find somewhere else to preorder your system or resign yourself to the fact that you might have to wait a bit before getting your shiny new Xbox One or PS4. It looks like the long standing movie rental chain is in a lot of financial trouble in the UK.

OXM UK also reported:

"Regrettably, the months since the acquisition have also coincided with a period of poor trading performance across both rental and retail sales."Those of you who've ordered anything from Blockbuster might want to get in touch for a refund - fast. "We are sorry that you will be disappointed and that we can't fulfill any Xbox One or PS4 pre-orders at this time," reads an official Tweet via Eurogamer.

Source: Digital Spy

I read this. Man...THAT sucks. I feel sorry for everyone who pre-ordered their X1 or PS4 from them. Man...thats alot of consoles that wont go anywhere...

Its really late in the game for a company to come out and say something like that. Leaves everyone who order it out in the cold at this point. I'm feeling really bad for all those people

I sure hope everyone is able to some how find consoles elsewhere. Terrible timing by Blockbuster, I'm sure they new this is where they were headed and should have gave people fair warning.

Wow, that insanely lame! I feel hella bad for anyone who preordered in the UK at a Blockbuster! It is so late to be announcing this too! They shouldn't have ever done the preorders to begin with until everything was completely confirmed! I remember when the 360 launched pretty much everywhere had more preorders then they could handle and so they learned from this issue to confirm stock before preordering and all that. Wow, blockbuster! So Lame!

Back