Xbox 360 Bought a used Xbox 360

a12mcmullin

I bought my daughter a used xbox 360 Pro 60GB console for Christmas. All it came with is the power chord. Are there any off brand controllers that will work on the 360 that i can buy for a lesser price? Also what is the cord called that goes from the console to the tv?
Thanks for any help

Xbox 360 uses a standard HDMI cable to connect to the TV. You can buy one for $2-3 online if you don't have any spare ones at home. There are also component and composite cables for connecting to older TVs.

For controllers, you can buy a Microsoft-brand controller for $30 or a third-party controller for much cheaper. Microsoft controllers are better quality. If you want to save even more money (and batteries), you could even buy a corded controller instead of a wireless one.

Thanks for the information. How about the Memory Unit A and the Memory Unit B slots? What size memory card do you suggest for an 11 yr old's xbox 360 system?

If it already has a 60GB hard drive, I don't think you need a memory card.

Around where I live you can get an After Glow for a little less than 30$. It's a plug in remote, but if I were you I would try to seek out some pawn shops. You usually can get a handfull of Xbox merchandise really cheap.

I got the After Glow from someone in my area and found it to be quite good - so go for it if you get it. I don't know what you may need to save but the system does have a good storage space on its memory card.

Reactions: Guy
Yep, the HDMI cables, you can pick those up for pretty cheap if you look around online. I am curious to see what you paid for the system, if you do not mind me asking. I have seen some pretty good deals out there, but some to the point where I question if the thing works (I think I saw one for $40 the other day). I love getting a good deal, and I am curious to see how much I will be able to see mine for when the time comes. Thanks for sharing.

I got the After Glow from someone in my area and found it to be quite good - so go for it if you get it. I don't know what you may need to save but the system does have a good storage space on its memory card.

Believe it or not, but I got 2 blue glow controllers from a pawn shop brand new for $10 bucks each. I didn't know they would ever sell new stuff, but they have things behind the register that are new from manufacturers they get good deals from. I never had a controller that glowed in my past, but they were pretty cool. Cheap, and worked just fine.

Well, when it comes to controllers, there are several brands, most of them are Chinese brands and stuff, however, if you're going to buy a controller, I would definitely recommend you to save up some cash and buy the original Microsoft controllers to make sure you will buy some quality stuff, do not just buy those generic controllers for the sake of it, save up for the good ones, that's my opinion though.

The first 360 I got came from a pawn shop. I thought it was going to be OK, but it stopped working the same night I got it. I told them to give me my money back, and they tried to tell me I damaged it because it was working when I got it from there.

They had a warranty for 7 days, I told them to honor it or honor a lawsuit, they game me my money back.

@Guy You're lucky they gave you the money back, they could've told you they were not going to because it was an used item and whatnot, they always have an excuse not to please their customers' complaints, good luck.

Back