Bravely Default or Fire Emblem?

Strykstar

I can only get one game for the 3DS in the near future, which one would you think has the best longevity?
I'd hate to choose one only to find that is has no replayability and nothing to do after the story is finished, does anyone have experience with both?

I'm still in the middle of Bravely Default. It's a great game, kinda lengthy which good. I love the job system and the major battles are difficult. If you've played 4 Heroes of Light or the SNES FF remakes on DS, you'll know what you're getting into.

You could pick up Fire Emblem when there's a drop in price on the eShop. Fire Emblem has a +New Game for Lunatic Mode and the game is prolonged if you choose to have permadeth on. There's little replay in Awakening outside of carrying over renown, weapons, etc. into a new game and replaying the DLC (which you can grind XP in the XPonential Growth DLC for your main game and collect other characters from other FE games for your party). The job system is very straightforward in Awakening, but the tactical approach (which I love) really makes for longer battles than in Bravely Default. The main problem there is that the battles are storyline specific, so it's not like you're getting a bunch of random encounters or anything.

Personally I'd go with Fire Emblem Awakening.

You've probably already gotten your game, Strykstar but I'd go with Fire Emblem Awakening.

I actually spent last month's budget on Inazuma Eleven on the eShop, so I actually didn't buy it yet ThunderSteel :D

Hopefully I'll be picking up Fire Emblem this month, I'm just wary of whether I'll buy and then it goes on sale afterwards, do you know if Nintendo does some kind of Summer Sale?

I'm playing FE:A right now and really enjoying it. For some reason I feel the combat animations slow things down (I turned them off lol) but other than that it's an awesome game ^_^

Thanks for the feedback Cortana, looks like Fire Emblem really gets a lot of love around here :)

Awakening was an awesome game. I got it on release date (well, a few days after since Nintendo didn't get it into stores until a few days after the release date...but that's another story). The combat animations were really cool, but after awhile they did just seem to slow things down so I also turned them off eventually. A lot of the cutscenes were really well done and the ability to hook people up and for them to have children was a really nice feature (and if you leveled properly, you could basically create super babies that were really OP). Oh, and the story was really well done as well, but then again, it's FE, so of course it's a good story ^^.

Back