Breaking Bad Spinoff Series Better Call Saul Confirmed

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Here's a happy update for all of you Breaking Bad fans that are bummed because the series is at an end...They're doing a spinoff of Saul's character! Now I just need to catch up on Breaking Bad (it's in my queue...I swear!)

AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/Sony Pictures Television series Breaking Bad. As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.

Via IGN

Another show about a lawyer, eh? I've only seen a few breaking bad episodes and I thought that there was too much dialogue and it didn't move along quickly enough. I didn't feel like it met the hype. Really though, what show or movie ever meets the hype? I'll give Better Call Saul a try though.

Give it a try, at least to find out who's this guy called Saul, he's the best lawyer ever :D I can't belive you didn't like Breaking Bad, I mean it's an amazing story.

Cool! Breaking Bad is a seriously awesome show so i cant imagine if theyre taking their time to make a spinoff show that it wont be good! Cant wait to see what the story will be

This is so awesome. I'm super excited to watch this show. Saul was one of my favorite characters, but I know that it won't be the same. Heisenberg's story is done, but Saul's is kind of beginning. I would love to watch a show with skinny pete and badger though.

I am excited for Better Call Saul. In my opinion, Saul was one of the best characters in BB. My only concern is how his humor will play when he isn't the comic relief, but instead, the sole focus of the show.

I will definitely watch a few episode to see how it is though.

It also depends on how long an episode runs. If its a half hour episode then its not going to be as much intensity on character development versus situational comedy. What we do know is that the BB population all know who Saul is. Even though he was comic relief, he had his hand in a number of crazy things and for how much we see him on screen, there was tons of things happening off screen. I think you have a chance to learn more about Saul's employees as well as his court room manners so its not without ideas for what to do with the show.

The worst thing they could do is try to force this show to be like Becker. The smart alec lawyer goes in to do what he does best while quipping about life and love and how he's superior to everyone else. If they don't break his character it'll be great.

It also depends on how long an episode runs. If its a half hour episode then its not going to be as much intensity on character development versus situational comedy. What we do know is that the BB population all know who Saul is. Even though he was comic relief, he had his hand in a number of crazy things and for how much we see him on screen, there was tons of things happening off screen. I think you have a chance to learn more about Saul's employees as well as his court room manners so its not without ideas for what to do with the show.

The worst thing they could do is try to force this show to be like Becker. The smart alec lawyer goes in to do what he does best while quipping about life and love and how he's superior to everyone else. If they don't break his character it'll be great.

I agree, it HAS to be the Saul that we knew and loved on BB. He can't be doing things that we don't think Saul would do. I really don't know if they will pull it off or not. I hope it works out because I would love to see some Saul back story.

Yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see how it's handled. I always felt like I wanted more Saul when I was watching Breaking Bad, but on the other hand, sometimes characters like that are great in small doses but get tiring in larger amounts. I wonder if the show will be as dark as Breaking Bad. Bob Odenkirk was great in the role though and I think it'd be fun to see Saul in the courtroom.

I wish they would have made a show for Jesse. He is the character I want to follow. What happens to his life after Walter White? I just feel so bad for him after this last season. Jesse has been through so much and it's a shame that he didn't get his own show.

Aside from Jesse and Walt, Saul was one of the most memorable characters from the show. He added just the right kind of humor without going overboard. I really hope this show does take off. Usually spin-offs have a hard time catching on. Although with the popularity of Breaking Bad, it will have a great running start.

I'm sure we may see a few familiar faces as well.

--SPOILERS AHEAD-- @sillylucy I don't think Jesse would really work for a spinoff, there was nice closure with his ending. Yeah, he definitely had been through a lot, but he was finally free of all of it now, and I suspect he'd stay out of it from here on out. It wouldn't be satisfying to me for Jesse to continue to cook meth or something now, and it wouldn't be much of a show without it. I like the fact that he can move on and hopefully be happy now. I would like to think he gets his life together and has a family etc now. Maybe have a nice relationship with his parents now too. I guess his spinoff could be one of those family-oriented type sitcoms... "The Pinkmans" haha.

Back