Xbox One Call of Duty: Ghosts will have dedicated servers

ozadin

Confirmed by Major Nelson. That is spectacular news! I'm just hoping Sony has something else for us because dedicated servers are a huge thing to gaming. Less lag, better connection, who doesn't like that?

I guess that is pretty good, that will end all those matches where the host has a major advantage on the connection, so now it's all about skill and not luck.

i dont think it is tht major of an announcment.. its a AAA title... forza,cod,bf4,titanfall will all have dedicated serves imo... any of the big multiplayer games hould hve it... microsoft dumped an estimated 22million in cloud computing any of the big multiplayer games let alone the major franchise games are going to have some form of dedicated servers.. i mean its god news but it was more than expected with the announcment of dedicated servers.

I love that idea! Coming from only playing a FPS on the PC vs Console I can tell you that dedicated servers FTW :)

Music to my hears reading about this. I am sick and tired of BS lag issues when playing online. Finally the developers have come to their senses and put dedicated servers.

While I am not generally quite fond of the Call of Duty franchise at all (I find it to be a very bland and repetitive series with nothing much new per release at all), it's good to hear that they are finally supporting Dedicated Servers. Hopefully matchmaking is much faster based on local regions so there's no more of the pairing up with laggy servers when the closest hosts are already full in their own server. I guess this is also good in the way that hosts don't get advantages for "lag switches" or "lag disconnects", though, you must admit that it's pretty funny for them to do that because they are raging from getting pwned by the other team, haha. Man, what took them so long to adopt this, I don't honestly don't know, but it's good to hear that they're finally making this decision happen.

Quite honestly there can still be lag. Dedicated servers dont typically negate lag issues. However,there will
be no more host advantage and host dashboards. Your connection will determine if you lag or not.

Dedicated Servers don't mean that much to me. I know they're better but it's nothing i have gone, "WOW!" to.

Still haven't seen the dedicated servers yet. However, 99% of games have no lag.

Same here. Where can I find the servers? I've looked around all over the place but I couldn't find it.

I'm so happy they're going with dedicated servers. I think that in any multiplayer game, dedicated servers make a huge difference. I believe this will also make Ghosts even more marketable to people who were on the fence beforehand. This creates a more enjoyable and accessible gaming experience for all!

'm so happy they're going with dedicated servers. I think that in any multiplayer game, dedicated servers make a huge difference. I believe this will also make Ghosts even more marketable to people who were on the fence beforehand. This creates a more enjoyable and accessible gaming experience for all!

Yeah. this is a great move and this will lessen the lag on each game.

Finally because i am tired of the lag. I am sick of games being unable to play and others think they beat you. I had the most problems from this. It made me not even want to pay the game anymore.

Back