Xbox One Can Xbox One change channels or support TV functions?

ScottChapman

So, I did notice that they made support watching live TV a big part of the roll-out.

But from what I can tell they provide HDMI-passthrough...

So, what I think that means is that you can plug in your HD box to your XboxOne input, then to your TV. and that seems to me that the Xbox doesn't really do anything; for example the XBox can't change channels... So I think that means that the Xbox doesn't know anything about the TV that is passing through it.

Do I have this right? Or am I missing something?

I just don't get it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh...but it can change channels. Even pull up your guide for TV all with voice commands. Browse around here and you will see some videos
Also youtube the reveal for XB1....it shows some nice features

How does that work if it only has HDMI-in?

Also, didn't find any postings here that explained any of the live TV capabilities very well...

How does that work if it only has HDMI-in?

Also, didn't find any postings here that explained any of the live TV capabilities very well...

It works because the Kinect has a built in IR Blaster.

These features plus a few more are a big part of why I choose the Xbox One over the PS4.

Its a funny topic over on the PS4 forums. Yes I troll there sometimes but never post. A lot of the Sony fan boys are saying that they don't need a console to watch TV....That's what a TV is for. My question is...is that what they were saying when you could access the web from your phone? Well I don't need a phone with the internet....that's what a computer is for.

The TV aspect of the XB1 has me really, really excited. How awesome would it be to be playing a game with NFL Redzone snapped in???

Back