Xbox One Cloud Gaming via Forza 4

dyzposableherox

Former Moderator
From
Indiana
[video=youtube;9xanG0svzCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9xanG0svzCw[/video]

Understanding a little bit about cloud gaming. Although I'm not getting Forza (may change my mind) this video only delves into the beginning of what the capabilities of the cloud are. I'm excited for the future of XB1. Thoughts?

Source: YouTube

Same here. I am excited to know what is next on the table. The next gen is going to bring us a lot of things we have never seen before.

This cloud gaming thing is complete bull****. Just a buzzword MS is throwing around.

This cloud gaming thing is complete bull****. Just a buzzword MS is throwing around.

I definitely agree with you. But there might be something out there to use this in the correct and innovative way, just not in a close future date. Still, i wonder what will happen after this generation will be over, will the games that use this just die out?

They definitely are trying to expand console gaming in many new ways. I saw recently that each game will have its own server. Its going to help make console gaming much more flexible. The cloud based gaming seems to be where gaming is headed in general. It's interesting for sure.

The anti-cloud people in this thread really need to speak up and explain why they say it's all PR/marketing. They also need to answer the question of why they think Microsoft spent billions of dollars on cloud infrastructure if only to use it for PR/Marketing.

The cloud is being used in at least some aspect for several Xbox One games, including Titanfall, Forza 5, etc. As time goes on Azure/MS Cloud (which they are now calling Xbox One Compute) will becoming a much bigger factor in Xbox One console gaming experiences.

I dont really understand what they say the difference is between the cloud and the internet. It just sound like a fancy name for a server farm to me. Save your games on OUR servers instead of your own system. Hold your files on a server farm instead of having to put in on a flash drive. It all sounds so boring until you call it "the cloud".

Back