Xbox One Co-Op or Alone?

One_chic_gamer

Of all here that are playing Destiny, are you playing through it alone or are you doing co-op? We were gifted with a copy of the game shortly after it came out and I have been playing solo but the spouse is playing co-op with friends upstate.

If I had destiny, i'd definitely stick with Co-op. Not enough games with co-op.

I'm doing a little bit of both. I do solo on story missions while other times I go with co-op like Strike. I mainly go with the matchmaking since I don't bother with a mic.

I have played more co-op than anything thus far. It's pretty much like jbeavis100 said -- there aren't nearly enough co-op games out there. When you get one that you can go co-op with, that's what I tend to do.

Y'all bring up a good point about there not being that many co-op games out there. Maybe I should give co-op gaming a try. I guess I've just been kind of anti-team-playing up 'til now because of how you used to have to go split-screen if you wanted to play with someone else.

you used to have to go split-screen if you wanted to play with someone else.

You still do have to go split-screen if you want to play two-player on the same console. This is one of the things I really like about playing games online; you can play with others without having to deal with the headache of splitting the screen in half.

I find the co-op to be much more amusing. Destiny is a fun game especially when you play it with your friends so it's bad news for those people who can't get along with others.

I have to agree with everyone else, co-op is the way to go.. its fine to do story missions solo or patrols if you choose to do so but at some point your going to pretty much have to try and get a group together to do the weekly and daily missions/strikes because there is no matchmaking provided for those and your going to want to be doing them to work your way to getting your exotics. I dont think there is matchmaking for raids either ..

People tend to do funny stuff, even by accident sometimes, so I'd rather play co-op and get a good laugh and relax. Sure, there are moments when I'd rather play alone to experiment with this and that but most of the time I play together with someone. After all, Destiny was built around the co-op experience, no need to go all solo on the game.

Destiny is the kind of game that's meant to play with others. By going at it alone, you'll get bored pretty quickly and wind up hating the grind. Getting things done with friends is so much more enjoyable, and you'll find it easier to rank up and get quests taken care of. I play a little Destiny each day, and I've only played alone a handful of times. The difference between that and playing with friends is like night and day.

level 28 warlock hear...
why solo play is ok... it leaves allot to want once you get to the harder bosses... especially at lower levels.. basically 8-10 can be a struggle.. once you get to 20 your basically wanting to play with others..

co-op is almost a must in strikes, weekly nightfalls,daily heroics...vault of glass.. if you want to progress your going to seen ascended materials.. this can be had playing hardest level strikes and such.. which basically requires a team of 3...

i think destiny has a good solo aspect for patrol stuff.. doing beacon missions.. but to really get hwat the game offers and to get to the high levels your going to neeed co-op..

so
story missions,daily bounty's and patrol are very solo oriented with people around to help but not take your thunder

everything else is co-op pushed..

Back