Xbox One COD: IW hits 2M dislikes, Battlefield 1 has only 30K

SashaS

I think they've really screwed up this time. Infinite Warfare is now the second most disliked video on YouTube whereas Battlefield 1 is the most liked trailer to ever release. It just proves that the gaming community is a force to be reckoned with and that our opinion does matter. I'd also like to note that Battlefield 1 will be releasing first on Xbox One, which is great for us. I think its going to be a big hit and it will continue the legacy that Battlefield has actually made an effort to keep going. Infinity Ward on the other hand, simply does not care.

I also find it interesting that infinite warefare is disliked as much as it is. I often try not to take this kind of thing too seriously though, as not all the reviews of the game are legitimate.

This time though, I think the reviews for infinite warefare might be spot on, as on a personal level alone, I don't k ow anybody that's a fan of the game, and that's including myself.

I know when I first played the battlefield series, Battlefield 2, I get a realistic all-around warfare feeling because I get to use sniper rifles (guns you carry on foot), tanks, and helicopters to kill enemies. But when I first played COD series Modern Warfare 1, I thought it was more of a on-foot first player shooter game than a warfare game, where anything goes. COD has fixed that kind of with the helicopter 7 killstreak reward. Now Battlefield 1 comes out and I wonder how realistic but at the same time entertaining it will be compared to COD Infinite Warfare.

I think with games such as this, people have been playing them door a long time now, so whenever a new game comes out they're going to compare them with what they're used to.

The game developers have a huge job on their hands to try and incorporate what people know and love, but at the same time try and implement new ideas, and sometimes they don't get the balance right.

From my point of view, I think that this game will be good, when I have test it out and play the full story of the new game, its more easy to get the whole picture of the game then. The idea they are trying with the new game is nice to see. But I think the game will be a cool new enviroment in the call of duty universe.

Last edited:
2 million dislikes is a pretty impressive figure, I'd honestly say.

While I can see your point, I think if I was a game developer that had made a game that received 2 million plus dislikes though, I think the last thing that I'd be would be impressed!

Seriously though, to get that many dislikes either the game genuinely really is THAT bad, or I have a feeling a few trolls might have been at work also.

The only reason that trailer will hit anything close to 3 million is simply because people want it to be the most disliked video, the same way everyone watched Gangam Style (however you spell it) over and over so that it hit 1 billion views.

In my opinion I don't quite understand the hate, which I think is the result of uneducated opinions. Infinity Ward didn't just take AW and recycle it, they added entirely new aspects like vehicular combat and other worlds. Nobody bashes Halo for being the exact same fucking thing over and over, as every franchise is, so why bash Infinity Ward for making another futuristic FPS when they are actually accommodating to that 30 000 + group of people who do like futuristic shooters.

It's obviously a highly debateable topic so I will refrain from saying any more, but it all comes down to what game you like, I personally don't hate Infinite Warfare and to be honest the trailer was pretty cool, they tend to pick the right music too.

While I can see your point, I think if I was a game developer that had made a game that received 2 million plus dislikes though, I think the last thing that I'd be would be impressed!

Seriously though, to get that many dislikes either the game genuinely really is THAT bad, or I have a feeling a few trolls might have been at work also.

Yeah, trolls never sleep nowadays. However, I don't think it's them only.

As already mentioned in this thread, I think a big reason it has received so many dislikes is that it is trendy to dislike it, or join on the hate bandwagon. I think that's a contributing factor. But I think this does say something about futuristic games. Call of Duty has taken place in some future (be it near or far) since Black Ops II (MW3 can be argued since it took place in 2016, which was the future at the time). So, by Battlefield taking a risk and going to a relatively unexplored era, the gaming community praised them.
Either way, I still think neither game can be accurately judged until they are in the hands of the community.

Is there something about IW that really bugs people? Can someone explain where all of this started really simply or anything like that?

All it takes these days to ruin a games reputation is a poor review by a popular journalist, vlogger or blogger for the hate bandwagon to start rolling.

If your a fan of a certain channel on YouTube for example, and they for whatever reason slam a game, then you'll automatically also slam the game out of loyalty to that channel that you are a fan of.

I see, so it's more like a mob mentality. I wonder if it's the best game of the series thus far, that'd be hilarious. Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait for more info...

I'm not sure if mob mentality is the right phrase, but you're definitely along the right lines. People see or hear one review and they just jump on the bandwagon, and that's what gets games a bad name sometimes.

It's always best to wait till you've played a game yourself as like you say, if you write a poor review based on somebody else's opinion and the game turns out to be good, it's you that's left looking like a fool.

Yeah, think I'm starting to catch a feel for what's happening now. I suppose if it gets crazy reviews, they'll all suddenly change their mind lol. Just seems so premature for mass hysteria over a game.

Like it or not, I think the gaming industry as become the masters of mass hysteria, and it seems as if anything that gets announced is greeted with so much expectation that whatever it is cant possibly live up to.

The next big thing, console or game, is always going to be the greatest thing we've ever had, and then when it eventually comes out and we find that isn't the case, we slam it with one and two star ratings when really it's not that bad. we've just got our hopes up to much and it's the disappointment that's speaking rather than our impartial judgement.

Back