Xbox One Confirmed: Halo 5 to be released in 2014

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Gaming Blend reported that Rob Semsey stated:
Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm
Apparently, the reasoning for the fact that they didn't name Halo in the games that were announced earlier, along with the announcement that they had sold # million Xbox Ones:
"We’re excited for the year ahead and will be working hard to bring Xbox One to more fans and more markets around the globe," the company said. "2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including Titanfall, Watch_Dogs, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Tom Clancy’s The Division, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Destiny, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, and The Elder Scrolls Online, among others. More games, more features, more content, more fun – all coming your way this year."

The reason behind the lack of announcing a Halo title? They weren't sure on the official name.

The reason behind the lack of announcing a Halo title? They weren't sure on the official name.

Haha, I guess it's hard to match just the Halo name with another title. It's been popular for ages. I'm glad they decided to release this. I'm also hyped that they have Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall on the list.

I want to stay pumped from Sunset Overdrive but I'm not liking the fact that I haven't heard anything from them in such a long time. Still Microsoft has to release another Halo because it's the series that made them what they are today. I think it's safe to argue that if Halo didn't exist we wouldn't have this forum today.

I'm so relieved that Halo is coming out in 2014! Now I would be perfectly happy if they delayed the game until 2015 if that meant they would try and put a more polished product, but if 343 believes that game will be ready in 2014 then I am happy to hear that. I absolutely cannot wait for this game; I loved the franchise for so long and I can't wait to experience Halo on next-gen.

There have been alot of leaks to the Chagrin of Microsoft but we the fans and gamers enjoy it, so its good for us.

I hope they put in the effort to make something truly good, Halo is one of their few remaining killer apps.

Didn't they say Halo 5 in 2015, however something new in Halo (Halo 2 Anniversary probably) will be out in 2014?

It's not out before 2015 mate. They didn't bother showing anything substantial at this year's E3 as well. So there you go. It's not coming this year.

Cant wait for Halo to be honest!
Looks great and i think they could really do the series justice this time.
The other ones have been disappointing recently to be honest.

As far as I am concerned, Microsoft has been milking the Halo franchise after Halo 2. In my personal opinion, every Halo after Halo 2 has been absolute crap. All they really do to each new game is add some new features that no one really wants or uses. I want to see some blood and dismemberment in the new Halo 5 along with real time physics and new creative weapons.

I love the series but the last few turned me off to Halo. I will watch gameplay before i consider buying this one. :/

Didn't they say Halo 5 in 2015, however something new in Halo (Halo 2 Anniversary probably) will be out in 2014?
I hadn't even considered a Halo 2 Anniversary edition...that'll be quite interesting to see to be honest.

All they really do to each new game is add some new features that no one really wants or uses. I want to see some blood and dismemberment in the new Halo 5 along with real time physics and new creative weapons.

You complain about features that nobody wants and in the next sentence ask for "blood and dismemberment"? Really? And what do you mean by "real time physics"? There has been a fully functional physics engine in every single Halo game to date.

I absolutely can't wait! I loved reach and Halo 4 so I can't wait for this!, I think the Halo series is one of the few series that never dropped in quality and has given me some of the my most enjoyable moments in the my childhood so I can't wait for another release. Does anyone know when this is set?
I also can't wait to see it on the new xbox one too, it'll look amazing!

Let's hope this turns out great. I was never amazed by the series after the first two games, even if I wasn't disappointed either. Ever since Halo 3 it has just been a good shooter to me.

Awww, too bad they had announced that 2015 is the year the game would be out.
But eh, a delayed game is better than a rushed game with bugs and glitches, right?
I just hope that they sort everything out and we get to have a great game.

And isn't this game planned to be released in conjunction with a new tv series? Next year seems to be a good year for Halo fans!

After what was announced back at E3 and Gamescom, I never actually believed that it's ever going to come out this year. The Master Chief Collection announcement was an obvious sign that Halo 5 won't be coming out anytime soon. Right now, I'm think more like a 2015 Fall or 2016 release. Nevermind, MCC is going to keep me occupied for a very long time.

In 2014? There is no way in hell it's going to happen now. It's already past August and we are yet to say any proper footage from the game which goes on to suggest that it's still early in development.

Yeah, I doubt it. It's probably coming in mid 2015, we still don't know nothing about this game so it's really unlikely to be released this year as previously stated.

Back