Xbox One Data usage for Xbox One?

kreativehitman13

Im at little bit of a panic moment here. I just read an article on evdoinfo com talking about data usage for ps4 and xbox one. I dont have dsl, satellite, cable, i just have a verizon hotspot for internet access and so far its been great. Gaming over 3g/4g is better than expected, but am i going to be out of luck come the new xbox? I dont want to miss out on halo because of huge data requirements! Any insight from anybody that games like this or has thoughts would be appreciated!

I know that Microsoft announced the Xbox One is being designed around a 1.5Mbps bandwidth connection for anything online. Although at that speed you may not get the best video quality for apps like Netflix. However, it should be plenty for gaming.

I have a link for more info, but can't find it right now. I do believe it's mentioned somewhere on the official xbox website though.

Im at little bit of a panic moment here. I just read an article on evdoinfo com talking about data usage for ps4 and xbox one. I dont have dsl, satellite, cable, i just have a verizon hotspot for internet access and so far its been great. Gaming over 3g/4g is better than expected, but am i going to be out of luck come the new xbox? I dont want to miss out on halo because of huge data requirements! Any insight from anybody that games like this or has thoughts would be appreciated!

Can we have a link to the article?

like anything else the more data that more complex the games get the more data its going to require.

u may be able to get away with a hotspot. but expect to be throttled down on bandwith via your provider. their is even instances of this with home network stuff.

i would actuall think hotspot and netflix would be easier than gaming. sure your streaming a good bit of data but once its loaded more than your viewing the quality goes up. i get 2-3bars of wrless thru my broadband/360 the firt minute of a movie is crap but after that its hd or in the top quality section.

with gaming its going to require allot of data all the time with 16+player and the big maps and such. not to mention games will be useine cloud for some gaming where before allt of it was processed on the 360 hd.

Gaming does not use much bandwidth whatsoever. That is, only when you are playing games online. Patching and downloading updates is another story, that's literally downloading files of said size to replace outdated game files. When you are playing online, all the game does with your internet is upload your player info and downloading other player's info, at say around a maximum of 50 kilobytes per second for both download and upload. Most games won't even reach that much when playing online. All you are uploading is basically your player location coordinates and what your active state is (what your player is doing, e.g. shooting, moving, jumping, sprinting, climbing, anything that you control your character to do). You are downloading basically the same thing that you upload from other players, except there are more players to download from, so typically the download usage will be higher than your upload when playing a game. It won't be much of a problem even on hotspot, but the thing you should worry about is your ping/latency. Bad latency = bad connection, so regardless of how fast your internet is, you will still experience some lag.

Back