Xbox One destiny info: may16 2014.

sc_shark

The developer first talked about the beta, stating that players will know “well in advance” of when it will begin, and suggested that it will be one of their announcements at E3.

“You’ll know well in advance. For starters, you might have heard that it will happen in July. You’ll discover more about exactly when it will be your turn to play in the Destiny Beta when we make announcements at E3. That’s a promise. The “when” will no longer be a mystery. Of course, we’ll keep the “where” and the “to what extent” closer to our vests.”

The developer also talked about dynamic skyboxes, confirming with readers that the sun rises, sets, and how all of it happens in real time. We can expect to see different mobs on the map depending on the time of day.

The studio reiterated its vision for Destiny as a multiplayer game, stating that the whole game has the potential to be a multiplayer experience despite the fact that you can be a fireteam of one.

The trailers for the game tend to depict burst-fire weapons, much to the chagrin of players who prefer full-auto or single-shot weapons. Fortunately, Bungie informs its readers that there are a ton of those weapons as well, though you won’t be able to select which option each weapon fires with manually.

“Destiny boasts a deadly arsenal of more weapons than you’ll be able to carry with you on your desired missions. You’ll need to choose your weapon carefully. Full-auto. Semi-auto. There’s a gun for you in there somewhere, with a firing pattern that will feel match-fit to your beating heart.”

Bungie also revealed something about the game’s factions, which you’ll be embarking on missions for. They aren’t like guilds or clans or anything like that, but rather factions within the game’s lore that you’ll be working for in exchange for faction-specific loot rewards.

In the same mailbag, Bungie answered a question about whether gamers would be seeing the same love from the developer all across the board.

“That’s right. You have some tough choices to make about the vessel you’ll select to transport you to the world of Destiny. No matter how things end up, Bungie will love you, and we’ll play with you,” they wrote.

“I have an entertainment center at home that’s bristling with modern entertainment devices to prove it. Just try and evade my wrath. I will hunt you down and rescue/destroy you (aided by a posse of hardcore Bungie testers, or some Gunslingers I know). That’s tough love, but it’s still love.”

Destiny will be coming out for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, so players are naturally worried that some of the platforms will be getting shafted in comparison to others. It should be noted that the PlayStation 4 is the lead platform for Destiny, so naturally, players will gravitate towards the platform if they intend to receive the best experience with the game.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-factions-platforms-firing-patterns-and-more/

lots of good info/anticipation.

[video=youtube;WBNdrJMwrkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNdrJMwrkc[/video]

game looks good. more info is always nice but i hope they dont release everything pre launch.. i like getting a game and exploring and experiencing it.. seems everyone wants info before.
i know its a hyped game and allot of people are looking at it as a new ip and on the same or near lines of a halo.

It looks sooo great, was over t IGN and one of the guys over there was goin through the different Combos and whatnot, and I have to tell you its amazing to just watch...

Back