Xbox One Destiny: Your Questions Answered (Video + Q&A)

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Hope you're thirsty for some Destiny information, because thanks to IGN we have a fair amount. Make sure to watch the video and read the Q&A since it's two different sets of questions.

[video=youtube_share;8QYhBX81eq0]http://youtu.be/8QYhBX81eq0[/video]​

So we have the Hunter, Titan, and Warlock, all of which are amazing. Can we expect any other classes in Destiny?

Dave Dunn: Glad to hear you like Destiny’s three playable classes! Our artists and designers put a ton of thought into creating three satisfying combat archetypes that all feel really unique and special. One cool thing about each class is that they can be further tweaked and customized through weapons and gear you collect, and something we’ve not talked about yet, builds. More on that later.

Does currency exist in Destiny? If so then will "The City" (Pathway Out of Darkness ViDoc, @ ~ 1:20) serve as the merchant service? If not then will all weapons/armor be only obtainable via quest rewards and drops? Speaking of 'drops', will there be a specific percentage drop rate of equipment? If so will missions/quests be redo-able? (respawning bosses)

Dave Dunn: Destiny does feature a type of in-game currency and players will be able to earn it by completing missions or from defeating enemies. The Tower in the City will feature vendors for players to sell off the spoils of their adventures as well as purchase new equipment and other items.

Our destinations are purposely built for replayability, and while we’re still tweaking drop rates and the like, there will definitely be plenty of great reasons for you to return to spaces, and discover new ones.

Do we have access to entire world maps? Or are planets simplified down to a handful of cities, dungeons with a few square miles of wilderness?

Dave Dunn: We want players to be able to explore every area of the gorgeous destinations our amazing art team have built, and they each are pretty huge and feature a lot of variety. Between the story sections, public spaces and Strikes there will be plenty of terrain to cover, on foot or on your own personal vehicle.

Is every planet in the Solar System accessible? Specifically Venus and Mercury?

Dave Dunn: Exploring the solar system and reclaiming treasures we lost at the fall of our Golden Age is an integral part of Destiny. As a Guardian, you will be the first to set foot on our worlds lost since the collapse of our colonies, of those destinations, the ones we have announced so far are Earth, the Moon, Mars and Venus.

Will Destiny's competitive multiplayer have driveable vehicles?

Dave Dunn: All of us at Bungie love player driven vehicles, as you can see from the two we had revealed so far, the Sparrow and the Fallen Pike. Will they make their way into competitive multiplayer... you’ll just have to wait and find out.

Can you play in small parties of friends or are you ALWAYS grouped with strangers as well as friends?

Dave Dunn: You can absolutely play Destiny alongside a Fireteam of two of your closest friends, and we’ll certainly have party systems tailored for specific activities, like competitive multiplayer or raids. We would never force a player to group up with people they didn’t want to play with and if you want to go lone wolf and play through the cinematic story campaign by yourself you can do that as well.

So what do you guys thinks? Are you excited for this game? Since it will likely be launching close to Titanfall which one will you be picking up? Both? Niether? Are you in the beta? Let us know!

via IGN

i like the look of the game.

its not on my list but would put it above titanfall jut from the view i seen above.

guess i will have to follow the classes and real difficulty aspect. i did like his answer on difficulty because its allot like me... i like to play but dont concider myself good at gaming or a gamer because of it. it was intresting about him dismissing it as a mmo.. just goes to show u how wide spread that title can carry.

I already preordered Desitny and have my code to be included in the Beta for early 2014.

Looks and sounds fun, but I am still wondering if there will be split-screen coop. I'm hoping Bungie stays true with couch friendly gaming like they did with Halo.

So, I am a bit of a newbie regarding Xbox One. I have a 360 which has been my favorite game console since it came out. I used to be a Sony fan until PS3 came out...which is when I switched to Xbox. I am so looking forward to Xbox One coming out and from what I've seen above, Destiny will be on the short list of must have games for the new system for sure.

I dont know what to expect from Destiny but i have loved what bungie has done with halo over the years, when i first got the original xbox my first game was halo and ive been hooked on halo ever since and have loved bungie since then, i do however hope this game is good and i hope i can get into it and like it i dont think im going to preorder to get into beta. cant wait to see more about it

They still haven't talked anything about considering making a PC version of the game. I definitely don't want to get an Xbox One just to follow Bungie and their new game. Disappointing...

Back