Xbox One Did anyone else get tired of this game rather quickly?

momo

I played the beta and loved it; I'm not ashamed to admit that. Then, I went out and bought the game on release day and played it for maybe a week before I was just absolutely tired of it. I wound up taking it back to GameStop and swapping it out for another game. Did anyone else just get tired of the game really quick?

that's one of the problems with an online only game. Once you get it...you get it. Some games just stick with you.

It's fun in a way no doubt, but it's no Call of Duty killer.

I've been playing here and there, but honestly I don't see what all the hype is about. People talk as if it's the greatest game ever. I thought I was the only one until reading this post.

Wow, it's getting tiring for some huh? Thinking about it, Titanfall's campaign is within the multiplayer mode so to get the story, you have to play more and more multiplayer. But even then, if all you get is what Titanfall offers right now, eh well... what's the point right? But I'm not surprised if the developers announce DLCs for this game.

I've been seeing a lot of gamers say this, and reviewers too. Guess it's just a barebones game huh? Well, all we can do is what the developers have planned for this game. DLCs is a given already.

Not me. How can you get tired of so many different ways to play in only a couple weeks? There is so much more than the campaign, it sounds like many that are complaining just played the beta to me as thats all that was.

I am playing the capture the flag mode almost everyday. I play the protect points A B C almost daily, I play the kill the titan mode a lot too. You also unlock new Titans and weapons and things at certain levels so it keeps changing. Then there is the variety mode which varies gameplay and area everytime it restarts so everything is new.

Just so many different ways to play, not sure I will ever get tired.

Let's just say if all those AI's running around we're real people, it'd be a hell of a lot better. How can you have fake players but not that many real players?

Let's just say if all those AI's running around we're real people, it'd be a hell of a lot better. How can you have fake players but not that many real players?

I'd say if they made all the AIs real people the game quality would really improve, but well the difficulty would be a lot higher.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this game sucks. I haven't played the beta version and was excited when I first bought the game. When I first popped in the game and started playing the campain just so I know the layout, it just felt fake. I am a big time COD advocate and comparing the two would be unfair. I know it's not suppose to be like COD or MW3 but there are some things that really irk me when playing this game, like:
1. Aiming is too slow when aiming down sights. There is nothing for it to compensate.
2. I'm not sure if I killed someone after shooting at them. You can wait but they fall so slow.
3. Character (pilot) cannot go prone... you can run, double jump, crouch, but no prone... why?
4. Your Titan can't jump on a ledge or jump over a barrier. You have to go around !!! Even though it drops from the sky and lands on its feet which probably has shocks, but you can't jump.
5. no camos
6. The attachments for weapons are soo limited
7. Too many A.I. enemies (Grunts and Spectre) I kill more of those things than even seeing my first real online player
8. The characters for the guns picked look pretty dorky, meaning the male or female character when picking the smart gun class especially.
I have played it for at least 1 to 2 hours a day ever since I bought it just to give it another chance, but I don't think it will get any better. I might trade it in for something else.

I agree with your #4, I was almost stuck in one area the other night when I called my Titan and could not get out. I had to go all the way around.

Some of the rest is just personal preference like thinking something looks dorky, limited, slow aiming, etc.... I never even thought of some of those things or noticed.

i raised this concern pre launch and when the beta went live..

its a very very simple game.. the pvp(6v6) and amount of grunts is what makes the game personal... if it was a 10-20player on a team the deaths would be so rapid most players would hate it.

the only.. and i repeat only reason to play/grind the game is to prestige up to 10.. it takes allot of work.. and to do it the smart way forces your hand to play the guns,modes.. it is the only reason to care to play 100+hours.. and that is comming from many twitch streams... that once they hit the prestigue 10 mark they are done with the game.

to prestigue takes time and dedication.. ive watched 50 hours of titanfall gameplay with people only doing to to get the prestigue. and in 50 hours he is right at prestigue9.. we are talking about guys who level up 10 levels a round.. (not prestigue) but level up. all they follow is what requirments to get to next prestigue and thats what determines which weapon/load out and game mode.

its why after 50hours i have decided the games not for me.. i havnt seen anything that is steller or a real big selling point to me.

Well, it sounds like people are pretty divided on this one, but I'm glad to know that at least I'm not the *only* gamer out there who doesn't think Titanfall is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wound up taking it back and trading it in for another game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this game sucks. I haven't played the beta version and was excited when I first bought the game. When I first popped in the game and started playing the campain just so I know the layout, it just felt fake. I am a big time COD advocate and comparing the two would be unfair. I know it's not suppose to be like COD or MW3 but there are some things that really irk me when playing this game, like:
1. Aiming is too slow when aiming down sights. There is nothing for it to compensate.
2. I'm not sure if I killed someone after shooting at them. You can wait but they fall so slow.
3. Character (pilot) cannot go prone... you can run, double jump, crouch, but no prone... why?
4. Your Titan can't jump on a ledge or jump over a barrier. You have to go around !!! Even though it drops from the sky and lands on its feet which probably has shocks, but you can't jump.
5. no camos
6. The attachments for weapons are soo limited
7. Too many A.I. enemies (Grunts and Spectre) I kill more of those things than even seeing my first real online player
8. The characters for the guns picked look pretty dorky, meaning the male or female character when picking the smart gun class especially.
I have played it for at least 1 to 2 hours a day ever since I bought it just to give it another chance, but I don't think it will get any better. I might trade it in for something else.

I've tried the game yesterday. I could say that I agree on number 7. It's better to just convert those AI characters to human characters instead.

I've tried the game yesterday. I could say that I agree on number 7. It's better to just convert those AI characters to human characters instead.

Wow. Now that's really something sad. I don't want to play with Bots.

Wow. Now that's really something sad. I don't want to play with Bots.

they already said they wont up the player to player ratio... the grunts are a filler.. without them you would have to be more stealth and slow... the grunts help build skill and keep the pace where respawn wants it..(reamember they build cod) if anything tweaking the power of the grunts would be best scenario... right now a grunt shooting you wont kill you, but a specter can and will kill to kill you. if they turned the damage rate up on grunts/specters you would feel different about them..

grunts are also their for new fps players and generally for people who are not all that good.. it still gives them kills and will help them transition into the play styple. they will catch crap in lobby for a 0 piolit kill but they are still contributiong with grunt kills..

with the ammount of grunts. you would have 60 players or so in a map... it would never work. especially with titans..

Hmm. I was considering getting this when it launched, but now I'm thinking I should wait. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews regarding the DLC and PVP issues. If I had plenty of people to play with, that would be one thing. Bots? No thanks.

Hmm. I was considering getting this when it launched, but now I'm thinking I should wait. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews regarding the DLC and PVP issues. If I had plenty of people to play with, that would be one thing. Bots? No thanks.

the 6v6 style is honestly a great way to play.. the bots are filler.. its not like an endless stream of them.. they dont get dropped untill a previous bot troop is destroyed.. they tend to stay grouped together or close together so taking them on is not a struggle and it dosnt take away from the game.. also players tend to get spawned in with them when released...

the feeling of people to play with is when you get in lobby's where your getting beat pretty bad.. it makes you feel like your under gunned or your playing with players who are not good. easy way to see where you fit is look at lobby/prestgue.. if you see 2 players above level5 odds are they are going to feed off each others play and make the others in the party play better.

watch twitch... get on and look for anyone over prestigue 6.... you will normally see how fast aggressive players stick together.. it keeps things moving fast like a cod game.

I hate bots as well. It doesn't look nice to see bots roaming around on a FPS game. It should be more competitive, that's why we need human players.

I'd say if they made all the AIs real people the game quality would really improve, but well the difficulty would be a lot higher.

Multiplayer is meant to be difficult. Its suppose to challenge you on the game, at least it use to be. Games like Halo use to pair you up with similarly ranked online opponents so that you weren't placed up against someone who was extremely good at the game or someone who's just beginning that is weak compared to you.

Putting in more players wouldn't be anymore difficult than a PC game of Battlefield 4 I'd say.

That's one of the things I'm disappointed about with the next-gen consoles. They're suppose to be better than the previous Xbox 360 and PS3, yet we're not allowing anymore players online in a single match of anything than before. The multiplayer aspect of the consoles needs a major upgrade so that games can take advantage of that and better the game. If I wanted to play AI's I'd go play a single player campaign. I play multiplayer to play against real people. I don't know why, I just do. It just doesn't make sense that you can have so many AI's, and allow the Titans to have a mind of an AI when following, yet they can't allow for more real people? The maps are plenty big enough.

Multiplayer is meant to be difficult. Its suppose to challenge you on the game, at least it use to be. Games like Halo use to pair you up with similarly ranked online opponents so that you weren't placed up against someone who was extremely good at the game or someone who's just beginning that is weak compared to you.

Putting in more players wouldn't be anymore difficult than a PC game of Battlefield 4 I'd say.

That's one of the things I'm disappointed about with the next-gen consoles. They're suppose to be better than the previous Xbox 360 and PS3, yet we're not allowing anymore players online in a single match of anything than before. The multiplayer aspect of the consoles needs a major upgrade so that games can take advantage of that and better the game. If I wanted to play AI's I'd go play a single player campaign. I play multiplayer to play against real people. I don't know why, I just do. It just doesn't make sense that you can have so many AI's, and allow the Titans to have a mind of an AI when following, yet they can't allow for more real people? The maps are plenty big enough.

It could have been better if they made the whole thing possible for multiplayer to have no bots but real people playing.

Back