Xbox One Did I Hear That Right? Kingdom Hearts for the Xbox?!?!

Ersatz

The long-awaited Kingdom Hearts III, available on the Xbox One? Well now, that's a game changer. The Kingdom Hearts franchise is one of the very best games I've ever played and was a primary reason I was considering the PS4. If this is true (which it certainly seems to be), then I'm much more likely to stay true to my Xbox roots.

Does anybody know if they're also re-releasing the first three games for Xbox, or is that still a PS-exclusive? I saw they're doing a nice box set of re-mastered games, due to come out right on my birthday, but don't recall if it was available for multiple platforms.

you sure did, it was revealed sometime around e3. I'm hoping they do updated versions of the old ones as well :)

I would have to say that is definitely a pretty cool reveal, while it doesn't quite matter as much to myself because I'd have been able to play it anyway whether I bought it or a frriend did. Though the only thing that sucks is if you've not ever had a playstation then you won't be caught up with the story, so porting them to xbox would probably benefit them.

Yeah it was revealed at E3 and I can't really say I'm surprised. Square-Enix isn't doing so great right now so they need to get their games on as many consoles as they can. This still might be a little difficult for Xbox One owners as the 2 HD remake of the game will be exclusive for the PS3. So while it's great Xbox owners will finally get the chance to play the game, the story will probably be pretty confusing for them.

It's dumb that they're re-releasing the older games on PS3 exclusively. The only reason I can think of that they would do that is just to hook current PS3 players on the franchise in time to play the newest version, but even then, why not release it for Xbox 360 as well? I would love to play Chain of Memories on a full-size console instead of a handheld.

Ah well. Either way, still seriously looking forward to KH3

This is good news for the Xbox diehards. It would be the first time that the KH series would grace a Microsoft console. The PS fanatics are crying foul because they thought that it would be a PS4 exclusive. Hehe. Anyway, I have played KH 1 and 2 on the PS2 and I liked them so much. I'm also excited with KH 3 and the decision to release this game for both the PS4 and the XBOne would definitely increase its sales.

Hoenstly, platform exclusives are only a win-situation for console developers. Not everyone can afford to own more than one console, so it's heartening to see multi-platform support for upcoming games, especially the Playstation stable. No doubt a number of disgruntled fans, but more people get to enjoy good games now!

I was very excited about this because I love the Kingdom Hearts franchise. I think its such a fun mix of genres and I played KH and KH 2 aggressively and probably will again in anticipation for KH 3. I can't wait, its going to be a blast. The Xbox is definitely getting some good love after the beginning hazing that it got.

Is anybody else planning to buy KH 1.5, the high-def remix of the first three games for PS3? I don't currently HAVE a PS3, but I'm considering getting it just for this (and a few other PS-exclusive titles) and then buying KH3 on the Xbox One when I get the money to do so. I dunno...but PS3 is finally quite cheap, and I'm really curious to try playing Chain of Memories on a big console instead of a handheld.

I was definitely amazed to hear it was coming out for Xbox One. I seriously expected the console releases to be permanently on Playstation consoles, especially when the HD remakes are only coming out on PS3.

I hadn't heard they were releasing it for Xbox One until I saw there was a forum for it here. Have to say I'm excited, because I would have been willing to purchase a PS4 solely for this game.

I think it's great the Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released on the Xbox as well. This game is a classic, and it would be a shame to have to miss out on the most exciting and anticipated installment because of our choice of console. Happy days.

Back