Xbox One 'District 9' director Neill Blomkamp reportedly set to direct upcoming Halo TV pilot

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Film director Neill Blomkamp, best known for his work on the documentary-styled sci-fi release District 9, will direct the pilot episode of the upcoming Halo television series slated to come to Xbox One, according to a report from the film publication Latino Review.

Blomkamp was previously attached to direct a feature film based on the game franchise following the development of a series of live-action promotional shorts for Halo 3 in 2007. The film was eventually canned following studio disputes. The director has since said he would likely not return to the film project if it was offered to him.

Source: Polygon

Good to see such high profile names attaching themselves to the project. It will be interesting to see where MSFT's original programming goes to next if this ends up being successful. With all the recent announcements promising XB1 exclusive accompanied by entertainment stories like this one, it is clear MSFT is serious about its vision of the XB1 as a true all in one entertainment hub.

Blomkamp has a real gift for creating tension and excitement. I think his skill set will mesh really well with this project. Now, if only he'd make another movie...

Whoa, the District 9 guy? Well, well, this is becoming interesting for me. All right, I'd like to see what he can do with this.

Blomkamp has a real gift for creating tension and excitement. I think his skill set will mesh really well with this project. Now, if only he'd make another movie...

I wish he can make another cool and intriguing movie just like district 9.

Back