Xbox One Do you get excited about a new Call of Duty title?

Dr23

Back in the days after Modern Warfare 2, I would get extremely excited for new information about the new Call of Duty. I'd hunt down info on YouTube and all across the Internet, counting down the days until the multiplayer reveal. Black Ops arrived and that excitement mostly stayed intact heading into Modern Warfare 3. I was just as excited for MW3 as I was for Black Ops.

Unfortunately, I found MW3 to be a massive disappointment. This all but killed off any of my enthusiasm for the franchise. While I bought Black Ops 2 and had some fun playing it, I wasn't excited for months before it's release. I treated it like just another title.

Now we're heading for CoD: Ghosts and I find I'm not even interested. At this stage I'm not even sure I'll buy it. My excitement level went from huge to extinct in a matter of a few years.

Do you feel the same way?

Yes, I'm always excited for the new title.

I get less and less excited as time goes on but for the most part I'm really excited for the new CoD when it comes out. I know most people didn't like MW3 but I thought it was better than all the games before it. I think people don't realise it is completely natural to get sick of a game. The kids that just got their first CoD last year are probably still extremely excited for the new CoD and yet people still call out that CoD is going to die soon.

Sometimes, too much of one thing can be disastrous.

I have pretty similar experiences like you. Usually, when games release so frequently, I tend to show less and less interest in the game. However, I'm really excited for this particular game. I'm guessing it will be a lot better than MW3, and that's what's making me excited.

I normally don't, but for some reason I'm pretty excited about Ghosts. I probably won't buy it right away, but I'm more likely to buy it sooner rather than later than I have with the other games. I still don't have Modern Warfare 3, but I want to get that pretty soon too. My standards aren't quite as high as everyone else's in terms of the Call of Duty franchise, so we'll see.

I didn't excited about MW2 or MW3, my excitement is pretty much non existent for Ghosts. However, I was excited for Blops 1 & 2. For some reason I prefer Treyarch games to IW

I didn't excited about MW2 or MW3, my excitement is pretty much non existent for Ghosts. However, I was excited for Blops 1 & 2. For some reason I prefer Treyarch games to IW

I'm the same way. I think my feeling resonates from the fact it feels like Treyarch actually actively supports their product while IW does the least amount of work possible. When it comes to innovation, it's impossible to ignore the huge amount of work Treyarch has given zombies, even if that mode isn't your favorite. IW did come up with a killstreak system that was new, but it had more problems than positives. They even kept deathstreaks in the game despite the community calling for them to be removed. Meanwhile, Treyarch implemented the Pick 10 system, one which I think was a big success, and changed kill streaks to point streaks which I also think was a huge positive change.

Yes as I always am :) But I'm actually quite scared that I will be disappointed wit the new game, as I have been by Blops, no offence of course.
I feel as if this may be different though, hopefully I will enjoy this one for a while longer than I did the other titles.

-Paul

I'm always excited for a new titles of any game that I'm a fan of, so of course this was excited. Sometimes with tons of sequels you get a bit of monotony and lose a bit of excitement, but it doesn't mean you're not looking forward to the game. There's always new graphics, new items, new characters, and much more. There are a lot of things to look forward to in every game.

I usually don't but they have done a very good job in marketting "ghosts" and I'm getting pretty caught up in all the hype myself.

I stopped getting excited around the time Black Ops came out, which is ironic since Black Ops is my favorite Call of Duty game. I keep my expectations low, because I know every new game will be a rehash, but I still feel I get my money's worth. My level of excitement is a bit higher for the Treyarch games, so I'm expecting little out of Ghosts, and I doubt I buy it at launch.

i was excited ass all get out with the pre release showing samari,zulu,bush warriors and such.. with all the chatter about a reboot of cod gaming i was like ohh snap they are comming out with thors hammer at battlefeild... when in all honest its more of a nurf wiffle ball bat... maybe the engine has changed but it looks nothing more than a slightly altered dice/frost(battlefeild rip off) and at best on par with what bf3 offered no where near what bf4 is showing/demoing..

they showed a ship breaking in half but it didnt alter the map... it was on a time/progress aspect built in to the game. than they showed emersive damage with the fighter jets blocks being shot out to slide and take out enenmy's and in the woods shooting out log stops.. but in reality it dosnt change the map or really do anything...

they showed fish schooling/swimming away as you moved thru the level thats neat but how much does it really add to game play other than a neat visual.. it dosnt.. it not like your team can school/use the fish as a blind while diving to ambush or to block visibility.. even during the demo people picked out schooling fish swimming thru the character and thru mapping/structure...

the dog is a sweat addition... i think its a cool game but im not sold or pre ordering it.. bf4 has gotten my money already

i have only traded in one game and it was battlefeild3 it was my first shooter and i sucked horribly and proably still would today.. ipurchased codbo2 at release and it was ok but felt very dumbed down compaired to bf3... with that said... im worried bf4 will be harder and ill dislike it but id rather experiance that than the same dumbed down cod game over and over. and yes playing as a samari/zulu warrior would have made me pre order with a new engine even if the game was so so... at least they would have been building a newer/better game..

how wild would it have been to be playing in the african plains as a bush man with a bow or throwing ax climbing trees to stalk or drop down on people. same with the samari.. running around a city or dojo/compound having to be stealth useing throwing stars,blow guns and various other types of playing modes..

Sadly I haven't been excited for a CoD since the first Modern Warfare.

VERY excited! I wish I wasn't because it would make time more bearable! I have allready paid for the Prestige collectors edition $200 plus tax and on top of that they offered next day shipping from Gamestop if you wanted it on release date of 11/5/13. I thought Gamestop requesting payment in full/plus shipping was odd but I guess that's a good way to keep the suppliers cost down at our expense. I know I wasn't forced but I'm like a freakin kid when it comes to this stuff and new releases. I'll just add it to the rest of the special edition stuff in my game room.

I'm not excited at all for Ghosts i used to be excited for like MW2 but now I just don't get hyper about it since all the new ones are so repetitive there is no point of me getting them really.

There was a time when I was, yes. I remeber when Call of Duty 4 caught the whole world by surprise and from then on, I would be eager
to play the next title. But I guess sometime after Modern Warfare 2( I didn't really enjoy that game at all), I simply stopped caring for
the new releases. Now that I thinka baout it though, they haven't really changed much either, so why should I...

I don't necessarily get excited like a little girl who finally got a pony. I'm just happy to finally get a new Call of Duty since it's so boring playing the same game for almost a whole year. The only time I got really excited was for MW3. I had just gotten into the whole Call of Duty franchise after playing Black Ops 1 for the first time. Since I thought Black Ops was such a great game, I had the mentality that the next Call of Duty would be even better.

I use to get a little bit excited but I'm over it now. I'm into games like Borderlands, Left4Dead, RPG's, and DarkSouls. Unfortunately, I don't have a group that wants to play CoD but I do have a buddy who wants to play Halo (looks at Halo 4 covered in dust) and he also likes to bar tend more then me and to gamble on night I want to play Halo 4. On that note, I have one friend who has a group of buddies that play Call of Duty all the time, so I at least know someone who loves some CoD.

Nope. The last time I was excited for a COD tilt was when Modern Warfare 2 came out. I have not bough a single title since then.

I used to be very excited by a new CoD release, all the way up until Black Ops. For me, Black Ops was the beginning of the demise of the CoD franchise. I just can't enjoy the new games like I could enjoy the older ones such as CoD 4 and MW2 (my two favorite titles). I haven't heard much of Ghosts recently but hopefully I can pick up some information from this forum :)

I was never into Call of Duty but now as it seems to be loosing momentum, I suddenly have started to take an interest lol! I guess I'm some sort of hipster lol?

Back