Xbox One Does my games have to install even though it's a disc?

Edmund

Hi!I just got my Xbox One S today, and I'm wondering if I have to digitally install the games I have even if it's a disc.I got Gears Of War 4 with it, and had the disc(of course!) but as soon as it enters, it says I had to install the games, I'm worried because I bought a 1 TB console, and now it's already down to 600 GB because of me installing FIFA 17 and GoW , I'm planning to buy new games soon.Hopefully I don't have to install each game digitally.(Yes, again, I'll be buying them on disc, not from the Xbox Store)

Thank you for the replies made! :)

Yes, each and every game must first be installed in order to play, even if the disc is owned. You are required to still insert the disc of the game you wish to play even though its fully installled

So what happens when you run out of memory (GB's).......can you still load more games or???

If you run out of memory then no, you will not be able to install any more games or apps. You would have to uninstall old games you no longer play. You also buy an external hard drive and store games on there.

Thanks Dan for your response

So we will only have to buy an external Hard Drive if we want to save the older games. Otherwise just delete them to make room for newer games?

It's kind of a bummer but yeah. I remember using my tax return 2 years ago after work to finally get my Xbox One and was so excited to play the Master Chief Collection. 3 Hours later it still wasn't done and I had to sleep for work the next morning. :(

Yes, you can't just play the disc once inserted. It must install to your Xbox One before you can begin gameplay. That's why I suggest installing a game just before you go to bed, or early in the morning. That way time will elapse much faster instead of you waiting around for the bar to get across the screen.

Back