E3 Microsoft conference

Algera

Yesterday we finally saw the E3 Microsoft conference. They introduced quite a lot of new upcoming game titles and features. Including more details about the brand new console Xbox One X.

xbox_one_x.jpg

Some of the more anticipated game titles include:
  • Crackdown 3,
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm,
  • Assassin's Creed: Origin,
  • State of Decay 2,
  • Metro Exodus,
  • Sea of Thieves,
  • and more.
Did you watch it live? Are you happy with what Microsoft presented or not? What are you looking forward to the most? And will you buy their new console?

I didn't watch it live, however, I skimmed over the live stream as well as watched the highlights. I'm somewhat happy with what Microsoft presented. I think I'm most satisfied and excited for Assassin's Creed: Origin. I love the Egypt setting for the game. I'm also excited for the Scorpio (Xbox One X), though I don't see myself upgrading when it's released.

Altogether a good conference, let's see if they live up to expectations.

Yeah, I am also excited for the Xbox One X because the specs look really impressive. However, I am a bit underwhelmed by its design. I expected some way more amazing next gen console design and a brand new controller that wouldn't be as bulky as this one appears to be. I have small hands so holding such a big controller can get tiring.

How do you like the price that they've set for the console? I think it should drop in a year or two after the release like usually. Before I upgrade I will definitely wait for the price drop.

I think $499 for a console is extremely steep for today's market. Like yourself, before I even consider upgrading, that initial release price is going to have to drop substantially. I'm also very happy with my current Xbox One (1TB). So unless I see signs of true outdatedness or system malfunctioning, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon after its release.

Regarding gaming, when it comes to design, I've never been one to really focus on looks. The hardware and performance have always been much more of a concern for me. I do somewhat agree with what you're saying as I felt the design of the Xbox One X is a bit "basic" for what we all were expecting. The only real "design flaw" (if any) I feel needs to be changed is the controller. I'm completely happy with the Xbox controller apart from its size. Even though I prefer Xbox, I think Playstation's Dualshock 4 is a masterpiece. So it would be nice to see some aspects of Dualshock 4 (including size) adopted to Microsoft's Xbox controller.

I'm going to get the Xbox one x but I am not happy about the price. Hopefully ms will have a change of heart before the release.

J

It seems nice, but I think I'll wait some months for a price drop.
The upcoming games are good anyway: a new Assassin's Creed? Ok, it will be another copy-paste but they are my guilty pleasure so be welcome!
Metro Exodus and State of Decay 2? Excellent! Loved the other games in both series.
And another Life is Strange. I just finished the first one a couple days ago, loved it, so glad to see a prequel coming.

Back