Xbox 360 Fable 2: To be Good or Bad

Miss X

I recently bought a used copy of Fable 2. You can pick how the game turns out, by the paths you choose. I am having the hardest time, not being a goody-goody. I am so use to the hero-way of thinking, that I can not pick bad things to do. What did you choose, when playing this game? I want to be a little bad, for once! :)

I didn't play Fable 2 but I did play Fable 3, which also gives you the option of being good or bad. I played good, for the most part. I did have a little bad streak and got chased out of town. I was able to 'apologize' and all was forgiven though.

One time, I accidentally did something bad, because I was still getting use to the controls. The town guards came at me, and I could not fend them all off, I ended up having to pay a fine. Sometimes, I even accidentally hit people, or show off my magic, and everyone freaks out. I really just want to go hardcore bad, to see what happens, but I just can not let loose, to do so.

I had a hard time, letting go of my goody-goody tendencies, too. Then I realized, if I did not like the outcome, I could just go back, and redo the game. Being bad, feels so good sometimes!

I tend to take the good path in these kinds of games, except for a Starwars RPG I use to play because I've always been a fan of "The Dark Side". I never did beat Fable 2 even though I own it. I've messed around with it more than anything instead of completely following the storyline.

There is a point in the 3rd one where you are asked if you want to make more money by turning the orphanage into a brothel. I accidentally chose to do that and I think that may have shocked my villagers.

There is a point in the 3rd one where you are asked if you want to make more money by turning the orphanage into a brothel. I accidentally chose to do that and I think that may have shocked my villagers.

LOL!! Not sure how a missed that! I chose to be ALL bad! Loved it. The horns, the flys, and people screaming as I walked by were all very cool. The first time I played it I was all good, but had a change of heart on the second round, just to see how it went....love the bad better!

At first wanted to go to the dark site at Fable 2. However, my conscience would always take over whenever I am about to do something "evil". Yes, I feel empathy even for video game characters. It's really hard for me to be bad. Maybe I could be a priest.

With these types of games, I always judge according to the given scenario.

If you go in to the game with the mentality you want to be a evil son-of-a-dog, then the game won't be as fun I think. Just do as you would normally and act on the given occasion. :)

I've only played Fable 1 and I was the same way as you. Picked everything to do that was good just so I wasnt "the bad guy" but then I got xbox live so I stopped playing games like that :(

With these types of games, I always judge according to the given scenario.

That's what I do.
I love the fable series as well. I was half-half on good and evil, mainly on the evil side though. Just have 2 save games one good and the other bad.

Back