Xbox One Fable Legends may still be an "always online" game

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Fable Legends.jpg

Even after all of the backlash that Microsoft felt when they initially announced that the Xbox One would be "always online," Fable Legends game director David Eckelberry is still unsure whether or not the game will require a constant online connection. He stated that they initially wanted it that way so they could easily track down cheaters, thus providing gamers with a cheat-free environment.

The developer's FAQ mentions that "you can enjoy all of the game's content in a single player experience", which isn't quite the same as saying that it can be played offline. Bungie's Destiny will also oblige players to sign into Xbox Live, but doesn't force you to participate in multiplayer."I don't know the answer to that," Eckelberry confessed to us in a Gamescom interview, but added: "The fact that we want to do a lot of things, a lot of systems on a servers, characters on a server...If it's online we can monitor you and make sure you don't edit your character file, or do something nasty there.

What are your thought on this? Personally, it doesn't bother me to always have an online connection, as I'm so connected nowadays anyways. I understand though, that this is an issue for some people because of 1. Privacy concerns and 2. Players that don't have a high speed internet connection. I'm curious to see what the outcome will be, as this is a big title for such a popular game franchise.

Via OXM UK

I think those of us with an always-on connection should be given the extra experience of what is possible with the added connection

They're making you stay online because they don't trust you to not edit your character's game file, apparently. Which is, uh, dumb. They're basically sticking with Microsoft's old policy of wanting to watch gamers and what they do, I guess.

They're making you stay online because they don't trust you to not edit your character's game file, apparently. Which is, uh, dumb. They're basically sticking with Microsoft's old policy of wanting to watch gamers and what they do, I guess.

LMAO!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! -

RRnhhqW.gif

Reptar you are making me laugh with alot of your posts. Please...continue.

LMAO!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! -

RRnhhqW.gif

Reptar you are making me laugh with alot of your posts. Please...continue.

Agreed,some of the post are starting to feel like:
Internet-Troll.jpg

I have no problem with the always online. I mean most of my main gaming comes from the pc. Playing games like Starcraft, guild of wars, league of legends and many others require you to connect to their servers to play. I think this allows the game developers to make easier updates to their product to streamline them. It also makes sure you don't edit the main game files to give yourself the upper hand. So in my eyes if it makes it easier to update and keep the game play fair for all great!

I'm not sure who doesn't have the Internet now days. I mean not all pc games are made for offline play and in order to play them you have I be connected. You don't see pc gamers complaining about having to be online...

i think that is the way games will be going. maybe not 24/7 online but it will be based on online connectivity. its already 99% this way with the core games.. multiplayer is such a big aspect of gaming these days.

i think that is the way games will be going. maybe not 24/7 online but it will be based on online connectivity. its already 99% this way with the core games.. multiplayer is such a big aspect of gaming these days.

Exactly. You want a better exp.? Gonna have to always be connected. Look at Destiny, The Crew, The Division, Forza 5, and Watch Dogs. To exp. the full effect of the game you will need to be vonnected. And me for one? I dont even care becasue I am ALWAYS connected.

Destiny and the Division alone are enough reason for me!

We can't forget rainbow six patriot as well coming out :). If it has gameplay like the division ubisoft could have one of the most profitable years in recent gaming.

We can't forget rainbow six patriot as well coming out :). If it has gameplay like the division ubisoft could have one of the most profitable years in recent gaming.

I havent heard anything about that game in a long time lol

As I stated in another thread..I'm all for always online...I wish MS would have stuck with the policies. I know a few gamers who only use pirated copies. And besides being able to auto-update, this would have put a damper on the illegal copies.

As I stated in another thread..I'm all for always online...I wish MS would have stuck with the policies. I know a few gamers who only use pirated copies. And besides being able to auto-update, this would have put a damper on the illegal copies.

Right there with you man. It would of been something new and fresh. But hopefully maybe one day they will pull an old switcha-roo on everyone and put it into effect MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

59096-Dr-evil-pinky-gif-I4nY.gif

I can see that happening! The last Fable had a gold coin game save that everyone was using, hopefully this one will stay on-line.

if it has any type of open world or mass area with a storyline its bound to be a connected title.

most any great 1st peron game you play the first thing you say could be better is if you could multiplay or have 2/3 friends online with you playing.

i will take boarderlands2 for example. great 1 player game its scaled to 1 player comfortably but add 2-4 players and it scales itself with the damage and how many creatures spawn in an area to fight. it just adds that dynamic to the game. its still just you playing or runing a mission but you have someone to cover your back,heal you and all that. something no ai can create.

yes i dont care how good/great forza5 driviatar is its still going to be mindless half the fun is talking to the guys your racing. egging thme on telling them you got a run at then ext corner on them. sometimes you have guys give u a turn because your setup better for it but blast past you on he straights.. its the stuff you get on the mic or joke around with that give it the dimension.. but i am also for a better ai system than forza4.. so its also a big welcome in my eyes.

it just boils down to most all games become better with multiple players. hence why cod gets its good and bad wrap... you hate it for the trolls and crazy conversations but you love it for the entertanment value. cod without multipler is just another shooting game with a 5 hr play window. t gets its following from multiplayer.

ill even go as far as in a fishing game.. if it was open tournament with 15 players... if it was solo its ehh... u get guys on the mic going i caught a 10lb bass or i got 20lbs in the live well... u better catch up just adds to that human element.. the hey im fishing hear get off my spot. you all get the idea.

They are so confident of their network security that they have to keep everyone on constant watch or they might play it the wrong way and ruin the experience to everyone.

They are so confident of their network security that they have to keep everyone on constant watch or they might play it the wrong way and ruin the experience to everyone.

Come on now.......we have ALL had that guy on the team that SUCKS lol and we want him to either quit or loose connection or just stay in the corner and not move lol

But in seriousness atleast they dont have to hire a 3rd party security firm to keep their security in check..lol....points finger to some...other...company lol jk

tumblr_m09ff6bv641qeyfgpo1_400.gif

No, please don't do this if the internet connection is not required. Don't force us to play online if we can play offline.

No, please don't do this if the internet connection is not required. Don't force us to play online if we can play offline.

Just a question. What if it made the exp. ALOT better? Just like Destiny, The Division, or even Watchdogs. Being connected all the time in those games gives you the most seamless exp. a game can offer right now.

Back