Na: December 4, 2012
Jp: March 7, 2013
Developers - Ubisoft Montreal
Publishers - Ubisoft
Age rating - 18+
Game modes - Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Co-Op
Console(s): Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Microsoft Windows

Plot
Jason Brody is on vacation with his friends in Bangkok. One day they decide to go on a sky diving trip. But it didn't go as planned when they made the jump. They all got separated, except for Jason and Grant. Jason, and all of his friends were captured by Vaas, the pirate lord. Vaas wants a ransom money from their parents, and then he's planning to sell them into slavery. With help of Jason's older brother Grant, they manage to escape the "prison" they were held at. Though, Vaas caught them right before they could escape into the jungle. Grant was killed by Vaas, but Vaas played with Jason and let him run, while his pirates where shooting at him. Luckily for Jason, he manages to escape, and eventually gets saved by a man named Dennis Rogers, who's a part of the Rakyat, the island natives who suffer under the boot of the pirates.
The tribes leader, Citra, who's Vaas sister, initiates Jason into their tribe and he is given warrior tattoos. At the same time as he's trying to save his friends, he do missions for the tribe, which makes them willing to help him for his search.
After some time on the north island, where they all landed and were captured, he tracked down Vaas and killed him, then he moved on to the southern island, which is controlled by a man called Hoyt Volker, a slave trader and Vaas' employer, swearing to Citra that he will kill Hoyt for what he did to both the islanders and his brother.

Gameplay
Far Cry 3 consists of three game modes. Singleplayer, multiplayer and Co-Op.
Singleplayer, which is the main game mode in this game, lets you do missions, followed by the plot explained above, and also let you free roam at anytime except when a mission is active. During missions and free roam you can do a lot of things, look after relics, treasures, lost letters killing animals, skin them and use their skin for crafting a bigger wallet for example, search for flowers, which you can make medicine of.
Side missions are also available, missions that lets you hunt down rare animals, do missions for the rakyat etc.

Controls
The controls are as in many other FPS games, same buttons for running, shooting, crouching, weapon switch etc. which makes it easier to get used to.
Vehicles could be hard to have control over the first times you try them, but doesn't take much time to get used to it, and master your driving skills.
Wing suit and hang gliders are really easy to control.

Graphics
Far Cry 3 is a game you might be hearing about when people are talking about good graphic games.
Since many people are migrating over to PC, studios are putting more work into the computer versions of their games than on the console games.

Achievements
Far Cry 3 is one of 2012's easiest games to earn all achievements on.

50 achievements in total, 11 of them are secret, but are earner throughout the story.

Ratings (Personal)
Plot - 10/10
Game play - 9/10
Graphics - 10/10
Controls - 8/10
Overall - 9.5/10

Overall I would say it is one of my fave games to date.

I agree with ZaneCloud and your review. I love the game and everything about it. I recently participated in another sub-topic in this forum that was a discussion of how Far Cry 3 was the link between Skyrim and Call of Duty. I loved Call of Duty and Skyrim and I think that the link that this game creates is truly amazing. Far Cry 3 will continue to be my favorite game for a very long time, until maybe Far Cry 4 comes out.

I would say this was one of the best games I have played in years. Once I started playing this game I found it hard to put it down. The action in the game is what I really like, followed by the story line. I wish there was a little more customization and weapon selection, but it was a top notch game.

I love this game a lot. And hope sincerely it will ship for the new Xbox.

I still haven't played Far Cry 3, but it's near the top of my list. It's finally down to $19.99 on Amazon (when it's in stock, anyway) so the only thing I have to do is save up the money. There have been a lot of really good games released the past year or so and I've gotten way behind on playing them. I probably would if I hadn't bought my PS3 earlier this year, but that's the price I pay.

Back