Favorite Quotes

RainbowFlwrPowr

From
North Carolina
Website
www.claytonballentine.com
What is your favorite quote?

I will go first.

And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

My favorite quote was spoken by Thomas Jefferson. It is as follows: "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." This is a beautiful quote in itself. It demonstrates that even in the late eighteenth century, the founding fathers of this country had the foresight to predict what might come of this country centuries down the road. People argue that the second amendment was reasonable for the time period in which it was established; yet if this was spoken by one who assisted with supporting the Constitution's ratification, the amendment was clearly put in place for the exact threat which is taking place today. Thomas Jefferson was brilliant.

An overused one which I'm pretty sure you've heard by now but
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again."
-Hickson, William E.

This one is excellent I think: “Don’t give any airtime to the reality from which you’re trying to escape. Tune in only to your intent." - Pam Grout

Also this one is controversial, but I tend to agree: "Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom." - Michael Ellner

"An excellent protector of sheep, the wolf!" - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Back