Favorite Sports Game On PS2

For me it would be the FIFA series as I enjoy football and it was always the manager mode/dream team customisation that attracted me to that.

There's no question about it - Fifa. Fifa 2002 to be precise - it was the first one I owned, and still my favourite.

90 minute matches? Why not! Want to get players deliberately sent off by sliding in on the keeper? Go for it! It was absolutely groundbreaking at the time, and I can still enjoy it nowadays, which is impressive (given that Fifa games from 3-4 years ago feel pretty dated already).

Honourable mentions to SSX and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater though - they may be classified as 'extreme' sports more than anything, but both of them were great games.

Football is the only sport apart from Cricket that I am particularly fond of and these 2 are the only sports games I play. Of the two, the FIFA series is definitely more entertaining. Nothing touches the joy of beating your friend's favorite team with yours.

If extreme sports are included, I'm going with Tony Hawk Underground. The problem with that is that it's a sports game with a storyline...which is some sort of no-on, but Fight Night and Blitz the League did it so why not.

More traditional sports...I'll go with FIFA.

Tony Hawk Underground (or THUG) would be my favorite. Such a fantastic game.

If weren't not counting extreme sports, Madden 04 would be my vote. Madden 05 introduced the hit stick (which was awesome) but I think I just spent the most time with Madden 04. I still listen to some of the songs on that soundtrack

The first THUG was fantastic. They kind of lost me with the second one. It was still good, but it was not THUG1.

My favorite sports titles on PS2 were the 2K NFL titles. For some reason 2K handles sports titles better overall to me. I did enjoy the FIFA games as well.

PRIDE FC was like the best MMA game on PS2 and my favorite. They couldn't get MMA games right on PS2, but really delivered later during the previous generation.

2K games always delivered on realistic presentation of the sport. That's what I really dug about those games.

My favorite was Fight Night Round 2 on the PS2, I loved the improvements it had over the first one. The game engine was revolutionary for that time, I've spent hours playing its career mode. I hope there will be another Fight Night game this generation.

The only PS2 sports game I remember having fun with was FIFA Street.

I enjoyed FIFA Street. Actually "street sports" games were the sports titles I got into the most but they didn't pop up as often.

I really liked the street variation of games and Blitz. I found those easier to get into than the main sports title franchise. I wish they were done regularly. Going with Swift's suggestion of every 2 years with sports games, I'd put street games in that empty spot.

My favorite was Fight Night Round 2 on the PS2, I loved the improvements it had over the first one. The game engine was revolutionary for that time, I've spent hours playing its career mode. I hope there will be another Fight Night game this generation.

I'm sure there will be another Fight Night. At least one in this generation.

There will surely be a Fight Night on Xbox One. It has a long console life cycle ahead of it, so it'll pop up at some period.

Fight Night was a pretty good game. I played it a ton of times and i never got bored of it.

I know I may be totally lame, but I loved playing Tiger Woods on the PS2. Played it for hours at a time.

My old barber had a PS2 for people to play while waiting their turn, but the only game he had was Tiger Woods. He kept the TV on the golf channel too. I hated having to wait to get my haircut.

Back