Xbox One FIFA 14's New Features

blaze

FIFA 14 was unveiled in April, and the new features will make the gaming experience better for everyone.

Video games make slight changes every year, but FIFA 14 will have features that will make it easier for anyone to play. Even if a gamer isn't a soccer fan, he or she can still have an enjoyable experience with some of these features.

Per FifPlay.com, there will be several new or enhanced features in this year's version:

Teammate intelligence
Protect the ball
Pure shot
Dribbling
Momentum
Such features will go into making offense more realistic and will help create more scoring opportunities.

The best enhanced feature will be the teammate intelligence. Users have had issues with the computer not being in the right spot, which can be frustrating. Whether it's being offside or not attacking with the player, that part of the game has been improved.

Defense will be much improved by this feature. There's no more busted coverage because the teammate intelligence has the computer playing in the right spots, so both ends of the fields will be much improved.

The build-up feature will help the computer make better decisions as well. This feature has the players go based on what's been going on in the game, so it's more realistic.

Dribbling and protecting the ball will make it easier to maintain possession. Waiting for a teammate to cut can take some time, so protecting the ball will enable the player to buy those few seconds without losing possession.

Improved features may not always be noticeable, but FIFA has done a good job of legitimately improving the game.

What else could it improve? Maybe next year's version will include female teams. Some fans would probably enjoy playing as Alex Morgan, Abby Wambach or Hope Solo.

Feel free to list any improvements or additions you'd like to see. [video=youtube;tt4qmzUss6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tt4qmzUss6M[/video]

Love the new features. FIFA 14 has rarely disappointed in the last few years. They are always pretty consistent. As a matter of fact the last streak i remember them stumbling at in my opinion was 2007 and 2008 although those games were definitely enjoyable nonetheless. Love the teammate A.I improvement ,hopefully it lives up to expectations. Especially in my case, where my game is 90% through the air I have to have my strikers making those runs where I want them. I always get panicky when I hear about tampering with the sprinting although i do believe some of the mechanics aren't truly realistic sometimes a simple tweak like that ruins the whole game play. I don't think EA will let us down though especially with the new Xbox exclusive features and what not. Can't wait.

Fifa 2011 will always be my favorite FIFA. Mostly, because I was ridiculously good but I do actually like the game.

I always worry when they say that they're going to improve defensive or offensive gameplay. I remember in one of the earlier FIFAs (Forgot which one) they improved attacking AI so much that all the games had at least 5-8 goals scored every match. This ended up with the game being entirely about possession because it was so powerful.

I really like the new pure shot feature though. I used to always complain that the shots looked unrealistic to me because the foot just slided to the ball instead of there being a stutter step. I know it won't make much difference but hopefully the shot will look a lot more smooth now.

One thing I would like changed is how much centre-backs rely on pace. Some of the best defenders in the world are terrible on FIFA because their pace is low. I would like to see defenders be more smart with the offside trap or cover faster players very tightly so that on Ultimate team it isn't all Thiago Silva and David Luiz.

Some nice new features listed here. One of my biggest fears is that the FIFA line of games will start feeling like the Madden line of games or the Call of Duty series where it seems like we buy the same game year after year. I've felt that way the last few years, even to the point where I didn't purchase the last few installments. I've borrowed '12 and '13 from friends, but I don't think there was enough there to really make me wish I had purchased it.

I really enjoyed '10 and way before that I adored '06, but I haven't really found one since that seemed worthy of buying as soon as it was released.

The improvements sound good, especially the changes to shooting shown in the video, looks like a much realistic shot.
I'm just waiting to see if there are any improvements to the career mode this year, since that's my favorite game mode.

A definite day 1 purchase for on the Xbox One! The gameplay demo on Gamespot and IGN looked amazing.

To be honest, EA always hypes up these new features and they ultimately turn out to mean nothing. I love FIFA, but I've never noticed a significant difference from year to year. Maybe it's just that good though. Either way if you're a soccer/football fan, it is a MUST have.

Not terribly excited about the new features. But its FIFA, the game itself is bound to be good, the way it's always been. I kind of disliked the changes they did from FIFA 11 to FIFA 12 and kind of skipped it altogether. FIFA 13 was great again with its changes, and I doubt EA will hit two in a row.

Haven't actually seen the trailers. The new additions may actually improve the gameplay but I am not holding my breath.

Well, I don't know what these so called new features mean. Does not really sound like new stuff at all. Artificial intelligence has been a problem right from the start and I am pretty sure this will stay this way.

I wonder if I am the only one who raised their eyebrows a little bit when they read "teammate intelligence". I want to say that it is an oxymoron, but that does not quite fit. It is close though, but of course there are some very intelligent players. On the whole I would say not so much, but I guess that might just make it that more important in the game. Should be interesting.

Back