Xbox One Fixing Forza 5: How Turn 10 wants to win fans back

malachite003

If we're honest then we have to admit that Forza 5 wasn't the monster smash that a lot of people thought it was going to be on the Xbox One. It has issues, and the devs have come out to say that they are taking the criticism to hear and are doing their best to fix the game. Good for them.

Forza needs some work

ill be honest i read that whole question/answer...

the game is a good game.. saying they are introducing patches to fix the game is like saying the game is broken or has so many issues the fan base will barley load the game(battle feild4)

the 3 big grips from the community are this not in this order but you get the idea.

1: car count
2: track count
3: money earned and micro transactions

1: car count: could have been allot more IF they ditched autovista the time in scanning/rendering the cars would have allowed more cars at launch. but dont think 700+ think 600 ish.. still 350ish more than launch. more cars are coming and will be dlc.. now the gripe will be im paying for a complete game i want all t he content.. throw the hat out the window its been this way for a decade almost.

2: tracks: dang i hate this and its one of my grips.. they got rid of a few great and iconic tracks (taskuba,limerock) are 2 that come to mind.. but what is my head shake is the fake tracks they dropped that were in the previous 2 forza titles(minus horizons) now that to me is crappy.. maple valley is an almost all time fav track... i find the lack of pre exisiting generated tracks or fake tracks a shame... but i do expect some tracks to be dlc... if you read the article he hints that things are comming and his goal is to give good content to the community.

3:money earned/micro transactions: allot of the "practices" were in forza4 and worked and were used. tokens/real cash is nothing new.. (why its such a major topic now i beyond me) it was talked about and openly explaned pre launch that it was going to be in game and that it has 0 effect on playing the game.. it is for the guy who wants a specific car/cars and dosn't want to grind/earn money to get them..(i am all for this as it does nothing to my play experience) and really the price for 500 tokens is like 7 dollars..

on to personal feelings:
they did away with gifted cars.. i was a bit bummed as a vip/limited edition i was very use to weekly free cars. but i also had a garage full of cars i never used or even cared about... so in reality it makes no difference now to me.
the in game car prices are always odd to me.. i would rather see msrp prices.. but at the end of the day how do you manage credits/earnings and msrp pricing??? its such a fine line between earning stupid amounts of money and having everything avaliable and really making it a job to have the desirable cars.
one thing we overlook is the ability to earn money in rivals races/free mode. this was not in any forza before.. and i reallllyyyy like this.. once you are done grinding and are into a car or enjoy how a car handles ect ect you tend to start tuning and aiming for fast laps.. when you did this before you got 0 return in game but enjoyment and the leaderboard stat... now you can earn good pay for placing.. i was number 9 on a track with my tune/car a week ago... i grinded for 2 hours on my setup... i proably earned 30k in all the laps total. once you beat the person in front of you exit and you earn money.. keep doing this till u start having to really work for it. at number 9 i think i got a 10k payout for a 2 lap hit. i won by .2 seconds... but hey i got on the board in the top 1% and was very proud... i am now like 2,000 lol

all in all the developer sounds more hurt that the community is taking the game and making it sound bad... this is not a cod reboot... allot of the game is new and designed new not stuff they could pull from 4 and get away with. he also said in an interview pre release how the game will change in the first few months and the data aquired will help them make decissions based on what the community/players are doing. nothing aboutthis game is set in stone except cars at launch and tracks.. past that they have a ton of ability to change tweek and in general tailor the game to how its being used.

i am happy with the game.. i have completed 3 and a half full series of races. i have roughly 200+ races races outside of rivals racing... my driviatar is 42% synced and am a level 43... i want to get the dlc/season pass and think turn10 will deliver a great game.. and i know they will continue to tweek and stand behind the game..

concider every issue across the next gen consoles as growing pains... if your an are a day one adopter expect this kind of thing. but at the ned of the day i think both consoles have given us a great starting point.

Back