forum timelapse.?? admins/anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc_shark

i was wondering what the refresh rate is.

can post a reply and 2 hr's later it shows me as a new post...

it tends to keep posts in open que where it shows me 3 pages of new posts but none are new..

so what i guess i am wondering is .. what is the new post refresh rate cause its hard to follow posts sometimes.

I'm confused on your question shark, are you talking about the what's new tab or the side block for posts? Maybe something else, can you be more specific?

I think he's talking about the new posts tab on the front page cause ya the "what's new" tab picks up new posts. I dunno if you have to refresh it for it to update though (the what's new tab) or if it's done in real time.

The page has to be refreshed for new information. I checked it out and mine is displaying current posts. Are you still having a problem shark?

i am pb..

when i click on the new posts(top left)
it will load up 2-3 pages of "new posts" which is fine if that is the case. but 99% of the time its going back 12+hours and stuff i have already looked thru.

or

i can make posts come back 2 hours later hit new posts(top left) and it shows me and a new post highlighted

sometimes it is right and will show me as a new post but stays as a read article but shoes me as the last poster.

the only reason i asked is because usually these go hand in hand when it happens. when i have 2-3 pages of new posts it usually shows me as the new poster and such.

reamember 80% of the time i am on 2 times an hour from lunch till 2am. i can go from 10 new posts to 2 pages and 0 posts have been made. it what has been throwing me off. this usually happens 1-2 times a day and just seems odd.

its happning again pb..
i have been on mutple times since 3pm. and i only had 1 page of new posts than. now its showing everything as new posts going back as far as dec 04(10 days ago)

Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 12.24.58 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 12.24.58 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 12.28.12 AM.jpg

hopw these show what i am talking about.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 12.25.10 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 12.25.10 AM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I can back that up. I'll post something and if I come back to the site in a bit, it;ll say everything in the last 12 or more hours is a new post. That includes things I've posted myself. Doesn't always happen, but has been doing it a lot lately. As of right now it isn't though.

Try it now, it should be working correctly.

Try it now. see if that's better You can always subscribe to a thread or use the what's new at the top of the page as well.

Why don't you double click on the Xbox logo for that section to mark them all as read. That way you start with a clean slate and then watch and see if it happens again. Since the threads are already showing up as new for you then it's not going to suddenly be marked as read just because the issue is fixed. You'll need to manually do it, so instead of going one by one, just mark the entire section as read. I did that earlier and everything has been working perfectly since.

I think he meant mark them all as read, and moving forward it should be correct now. no worries.

i have been able to get it makred as read. and start new.. but it still pops up with 11 pages from time to time. thx 4 the help and work on the fix.

I think the forum Owners fell off again. Sad.

Maybe try not to revive a year old thread Funky? ;)

Haha I hadn't even seen it was such an old thread, nice catch!
I was just reading and thinking "'I've never had this problem, weird stuff" but more likely it's just some problem that was fixed long ago.

How is not reviving a thread where a community where the order is gone not relevant? As a start up on this forum, I feel like my opinion has some entitlement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back