Xbox One "Forza Motorsport 5" and Xbox One Impulse Triggers in Action

Landshark

Website
www.youtube.com
Really interesting video on the new Xbox One impulse triggers explained by Dan Greenwalt from the Forza 5 team.

[video=youtube_share;gWiMZkntIbk]http://youtu.be/gWiMZkntIbk[/video]

One thing that really stuck out in my mind was how we perceive feedback from real cars vs digital cars in games. With real cars we can feel the road through the steering wheel and the pedals. Digital car games don't offer that same kind of physical feedback, so it's hard to tell when a car is starting to lose grip (in real life you can feel the car leaning over on the tire walls) or spin a tire. However, it seems with these new impulse triggers that missing feedback can actually be achieved here in the digital game world.

The impulse triggers are one of the top new features I'm excited about with the Xbox One. I think it's going to change the feel of gaming and I can't wait to try out Forza 5, plus FPS/shooter games that also take advantage of the new impulse triggers.

Really interesting video on the new Xbox One impulse triggers explained by Dan Greenwalt from the Forza 5 team.

One thing that really stuck out in my mind was how we perceive feedback from real cars vs digital cars in games. With real cars we can feel the road through the steering wheel and the pedals. Digital car games don't offer that same kind of physical feedback, so it's hard to tell when a car is starting to lose grip (in real life you can feel the car leaning over on the tire walls) or spin a tire. However, it seems with these new impulse triggers that missing feedback can actually be achieved here in the digital game world.

The impulse triggers are one of the top new features I'm excited about with the Xbox One. I think it's going to change the feel of gaming and I can't wait to try out Forza 5, plus FPS/shooter games that also take advantage of the new impulse triggers.

Click the link above to see the video.

Fixed the link for you so that theres no need to go else where

its going to give feedback... i agree with that.. they are able to better how you drive in the game with feeback.. it wont feel like a real car.. it cant i dont buy the hype. its a great racing game. i am limited edition pre order.

That looks pretty awesome. I think that this is going to be a great game, especially with the new features. I do have to wonder though, like sc_shark, how much of that is hype. It can't really be as realistic as that, or so I would think.

Very interesting. I like it. It adds to the immersion of the game. I can imagine a gas trigger rumbling under heavy acceleration or the gas trigger rumbling under braking.

Why does "impulse triggers" sound so much like an RPG attack?
But yeah, the game looks great and i hope that i will be able to play it soon, see what they will change from the previous entry in the series.

Thank you for posting this. The game looks amazing and the impulse triggers are really intriguing. This is the type of futuristic gaming that I have been looking forward to for a while now. I can't wait to play this game. It's going to be just like racing a real car.

Back