Games for free

Starman

I was happy to hear that a few free games are going to be released next month like Sherlock Holmes, Crimes and Punishments and Lords of the Fallen. They may not be the best games for enthusiasts but something useful for those who cannot afford the other premium games..

Something is better than nothing for those who don't want to spend on games but then why buy an expensive system in the first place if you cannot buy games? Good gesture by releasing free games though, because free is always welcome.

Who doesn't like free games! Even if they aren't as good as they seem before you download them, at least you can be rest assured knowing that all it cost you to get the game was a little bit of time. It's a great, risk free way of trying something new. Besides, it's rare to find good console games that are actually free. So I can really appreciate a kind gesture from game developers like that. As long as the games don't gave hundreds of dollars worth of additional content that is!

Free games are such a great idea, especially if they just serve as advertising for another release and aren't getting many sales. We're past the point where everything has to cost money to be profitable, and it's glorious

Something is better than nothing for those who don't want to spend on games but then why buy an expensive system in the first place if you cannot buy games? Good gesture by releasing free games though, because free is always welcome.
i agree, something is always better than nothing.

I think that when the console costs $400 and the network membership costs another $60/year you should offer free games... as a show of customer appreciation if nothing else. Between the up-front costs of the console, the annual dues for Xbox Live, the $60 price tag on the games, and the additional charges for DLC, I'd say us gamers are due a free game here and there!!!

Are these game going to be available completely for free or what? Never seen anything like that, actually.

Yes, they're completely free you can access them on your Xbox One and Xbox 360 as well as Xbox.com. Also, I think they'll put better stuff on Games with Gold later in the life cycle. I remember when I had PS + in 2013 it was towards the end of the PS3 and I got a bunch of good free stuff.

This is definitely useful for people who can't afford premium games, or can only afford them once or twice a year, as I know some cases. It's really nice to hear that finally something is given out to the community of Xbox lovers.

There's also a few more freebie runs coming. One of the things they were talking about in a recent talk about xbone is that the free game thing is a constant, cyclic thing that will keep going as more people get the system so that people can have a library of their own free games on top of the ones they want to buy.

While I don't want to be the voice of doom and the one to dampen people spirits on the thread, you can't really call them free games when we're paying a monthly/annual subscription to the service, they're part of that deal.

Really we should be getting more in my opinion for the amount of money we spend, but at least it's something I suppose.

I always just download them and then delete pretty much right away. I have such a list of games to finish :D Then when I got room I install them again. It's great that they offer free games. They have also been pretty decent games

I think that there's a mixed opinion to if they've been decent game a or not, but we all have different tastes I guess. More variety of games would be good, and then at least we'd all get a chance of having a game we like aswell then.

Well, that's interesting. I love a different kind of giveaway but I can't imagine doing that with a super-hyped game. Anyway, any good stuff would be appreciated. I might even buy that free stuff If I'm really into it.

Yeah... all the free games have been pretty underwhelming by majority with the few obvious exceptions. It would be cool if they had more pick 1 choices out of some serious titles every now and again, that would just be useful to people but noooooo

I do understand why Microsoft aren't giving away the top of the range brand new games, as I'm sure everyone does, but that isn't what people want anyway. Just games that we've actually heard of would be a good start though.

Well I will be honest they do not sound like the best or most exciting games out there, but who can really argue with anything as long as it is free. I might give that Sherlock Holmes one a quick look, but that is only because I did like those books when I was growing up and it would possibly bring back a little nostalgia. Other than that I am not expecting too much from the game.

You're right @rz3300 and like you say, if content is free then people can't really complain too much, but at the same time the games that are made available have to have some sort of positives going for them. Just because a game is free, doesn't mean that the developer shouldn't put the same amount of effort into it as what they would for a game that will be making them money.

I guess that's just wishful thinking though as with anything in life, profit will come before reputation and I've no doubt that more time and effort is put into developing the games that make the most money, rather than those games that are just made for the fun factor.

I don't do Xbox store offer free games. If they do I just might switch from Playstation to Xbox ;).

Back