Xbox One Games on the 360 and One

Snrm

There are a ton of great AAA games coming out in Q4 of 2013 and obviously the new consoles are on there way as well. As I was excitedly watching a new Assassin's Creed Black Flag commercial, a thought occurred to me. What are you going to do about games that you are super-hyped for that are coming to 360 and One but are being released before the One is released. I plan on buying the Xbox One on release-day but what if, for example, Black Flag comes out at the end of October and the One isn't released to the end of November. I would obviously want to get the game on the new console but I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan and I could not imagine waiting a month after release considering I would accidentally see a spoiler in that large amount of time.

Black Flag was just an example, what if it was Call of Duty Ghosts or possibly a new Halo that could be announced at E3. I still have not thought about my answer to this question but I am sure I will think about it more as the release of the Xbox One approaches!

I think that the games that are going to be released in both consoles won't have that much different, so i would recommend for you to just get the games on the 360 if you are really hyped for them.

I believe that Microsoft mentioned that for the forseeable future a lot of the AAA games will be coming out for both the 360 and the One. If I was a publisher the 360 would be my number one choice just based on the install base. Production of games on the 360 won't stop until Microsoft forbids developers from producing them...essentially once they feel that the 360 is cutting into the One marketshare. Microsoft knows that for most gamers the 360 is enough for their gaming needs, thats why they are pushing the "other" features of the One, to try and get gamers to switch based on the new capabilities, not based on hardware or graphics.

If the Xbox One version a game has significantly better graphics, people will surely post comparison images online. I would wait to see. I would imagine, unless the company is lazy, they would make the One version much better graphics to take advantage of the hardware. They're saying the Xbox One is 40x as powerful as a 360 and I don't think that's counting the cloud computing power. Games are already better on the PC than on the 360 version.

I think that the games that are going to be released in both consoles won't have that much different, so i would recommend for you to just get the games on the 360 if you are really hyped for them.

I'm positive that the multiplayer experience will be better and different than Xbox 360.

The only reason they're going to release games for the 360 is because there's already a consumer base that will buy the games for it. Nobody can guarantee the Xbox One will be successful right away enough for game Developers to make any profit on the games they're making.

It would be a mistake not to develop the games for the 360 and One. Right now there is a large market for 360 games as there are still many people whose main system is the 360, which means that even when the One is released there will be still people on the 360. In fact, I may one of those people, at least until the dust settles on the console race between PS4 and One.

I don't think that Microsoft is dumb enough to hold the release of the One until after the release of all of the major titles. It would just be money lost for them.

Back