Xbox One GameStop Prepares For Xbox One Launches With Hiring Spree

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
GameStop announced today that it plans to hire 17,000 seasonal workers this holiday season in preparation for the Xbox and PS4 launches. Next gen consoles aren’t the only reason GameStop is hiring, however, as it also needs some extra help to deal with what it expects will be a busy holiday season. GameStop is not only hiring employees for its retail locations. In fact, it would be impossible to cram 17,000 new employees into its shrinking number of retail locations. Most of the new hires will instead be assigned to GameStop’s refurbishment operation center or one of its two distribution warehouses. For the former, GameStop is looking for technicians to help refurbish used consoles that can then be resold at its retail locations. For the latter, they’re looking for warehouse workers to help ship out all the orders GameStop’s online presence will undoubtedly receive this holiday season.

As a former GameStop manager I would highly advise against seeeking employee there, but to each their own. LOL Regardless, it looks like they are expecting crazy numbers come November for such an overhaul. Just another article getting us all hyped for whats to come!

Source: Web Pro News

Seasonal workers. I wonder what's going to happen with them after Microsoft is done with initial sales? Anyway, it seems as though MS is doing really well and Xbox One is doing well too despite the initial backlash. They wouldn't have hired the seasonal employees of it wasn't the case.

I don't think they need that many workers. Maybe for the first month there will be a flow of people buying the Xbox One but I don't think that much to hire 17,000 extra workers. So they are obviously expecting high numbers. In the hundred thousands if they hired 17,000 new workers. They would have to sell 150,000 to pay for the workers alone.

I don't think they need that many workers. Maybe for the first month there will be a flow of people buying the Xbox One but I don't think that much to hire 17,000 extra workers. So they are obviously expecting high numbers. In the hundred thousands if they hired 17,000 new workers. They would have to sell 150,000 to pay for the workers alone.

The article says the workers are not really for their retail locations though.

store managers wil lbe getting both xbox one and ps4 at least that is the info my store manager told me.

on another note..... as anyone seen the gamestop buy download for games??? looks like their is hope for a pre order all digital

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Battlefield+4+Premium&cid=eml_10001072

look at the xbox one and ps4 says buy download. i got this link thru an email this week.

Hang on. Are those prices real? $10 below the box copy price? That can't be right.

Gamestop went on a hiring spree? I don't find that hard to believe considering how well Grand Theft Auto V sold. I mean all you can do is just imagine how well these new consoles will sell. I hate the idea of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One being sold so closely together.

I think 17k is still a number too big, maybe reduce it to 7k or 10k, and even then i think it's ridiculous. How much are they expecting to sell on the opening of the new generation?

I have only had average and bad experiences at Gamestops. The managers are really condescending towards some of the customers in my opinion. There are a few videos circulating on the Internet that display this treatment. Also, the employees that I ask questions of tend to have a chip on their shoulders and act offended that I ask what they consider to be simple questions. I also advise not applying.

My question: Couldn't I just get a manager job at Gamestop, receive my free Xbox One, then quit?

Sounds like a plan. :)

you realize they get allot of the big title games free at launch. its never the limited edition stuff but its a free game. its how i got my forza4... the dm dosnt play racing games and i didn't pre order so non were left. he sold me his and it had all the bonus stuff and an exclusive for managers iirc. it was a unicorn car (wrx s202 iirc) the new game they are getting is the disney infiniti and a few charaters.

My question: Couldn't I just get a manager job at Gamestop, receive my free Xbox One, then quit?

Sounds like a plan. :)
Ha-ha. Good luck scoring a manager's job there without working in any sort of subservient role beforehand. Though i bet that there is a manager out there, somewhere, that is plotting and scheming to do exactly what you are describing. That would be rather funny.

all i did is post the link to the email/link i got from gamestop.. its a live link with prices that is all i am saying.

That is SERIOUSLY tempting my "no gamestop" policy. I would rather never give them another dime, but $10 cheaper per game is something I cannot ignore. As many games as I am getting at launch that could equal another one.

Well that sounds great - but there is no way they're keeping these jobs over time.. so I wouldn't even bother siging up for this unless I was very hard up or maybe trying to save a bit extra for my own system.

Back