Get Gold for free this weekend.

spleendingo

From
Michigan
Microsoft is unlocking "Gold Only" services for all Xbox owners starting October 4th through October 6th. So if you don't have a gold account, you're in luck! You can play online games, watch some Netflix or download some demos of games you may be on the fence about.

I realize this is a way to collect all the standard members money before the One releases. You know, give you a little taste for free, get you hooked, then give 'em your credit card number. I have *ahem* "businessmen" on street corners here that do basically the same thing. At least with Microsoft, you get to stay out of jail and don't have to worry about having your nipples pinched by a creepy Chinese dude!

Does anyone plan on taking advantage of this offer, or are you all set with the gold for now?

That's good to know! Just forwarded the link off to a friend that doesn't have Live.

Honestly, if they are going to give out Gold for free then they should give it out for like a whole 7 days at least. Giving people Gold for one weekend is like... You don't really get to see enough to know if you want to purchase it. True, some people can go onto Xbox Live and be like.. "WOAH I GOT T PLAY TODAY for free!" then go on and purchase Xbox Live. For me, I wanted to see how all the lobbies work in all the games I play and so on so it's not like I'm planning to spend the weekend upfront of my Xbox 24/7 testing out Gold features. (I say this from an earlier perspective, I have owned Gold for a very long time and really enjoy it. I'm just saying that this was my mindset PRIOR to purchasing gold.)

Back