Getting My First Car!

Caillou

Former Moderator
From
Iowa
So i am 18 almost 19 and just now getting my car, no help from my parents so im all on my own to buy it. Its a 2002 Mercury Cougar, I heard its a pretty good car and i think it looks amazing.
View attachment 2749
View attachment 2750

110k Miles on it. Hoping it will get me to work, college, home, and other places. :) What do you guys think?

(This is not a bragging topic of who's car is better.)

Awesome and congrats! The only advice I'd give you is to make sure you have some kind of warranty, either from the manufacturer/dealership or aftermarket. You should be proud of yourrself being so young and doing it on your own, good job!

Woot woot!!! Congratulations!! My first car was an ugly baby blue 1988 Plymouth Horizon. It rocked. Well, not really. But if I bumped into anything, it totally didn't bother me! :)

Boo-yah! Here's my ugly first ride! lol (Now I have a fully loaded black Pontiac 2006 G6 GT, which I love love love)

horizon.jpg

I know the feeling. The concept of having your own car is great. I rack up the majority of my miles just commuting through the city. I would imagine it would be more on the highway but its not. I wold say just make sure you take care of your care and it will be great to you lol.

Back