Graphics

Zelda

When you're choosing a game to play, how important are graphics to you? I really care about the visual aspect of gaming. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I feel like the graphics are as important as any other aspect. How do you feel about this?

For me, graphics are not the most important aspect of a game. I love good graphics, but I can happily play games with mediocre graphics too. I don't think you're in the minority on this though, I have friends who would definitely agree with you.

Pretty darn important, at least as important as ping/lag time. I have a huge screen TV but even on a PC with a game I do not want to put my glasses on to be able to enjoy it. My eyesight is near perfect, one single eye is off 1/2 a degree, I do not want to be bogged down squinting to enjoy a game.

I can put up with graphics that aren't exactly spectacular if a game has a really great story. However, there isn't anything that can compensate for bad graphics as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter if it's a brilliant RPG game or an addictive puzzle. With all the choices out there, I feel like I can choose among those that have at least average-quality graphics.

I feel like graphics complement the game but do not make it. So if a game already has solid gameplay and story then good graphics will definitely improve the experience. It's kinda like spice in your food, you wouldn't eat just spice but the food tastes way better with it.

I'm just a sucker for great graphics. Games like Uncharted are just a marvel and the high quality graphics help a lot with immersion. I would say pretty graphics are very important to me in a video game.

Back