Xbox 360 Have You Ever Played EA Sports MMA?

dannyboy

If you have played this game before, what were your favorite parts of the game and what are your overall thoughts on the game?

If you like MMA it is great. Most funny and amazing part was combining unique combos. Also graphics is really nice. It is game for everybody. N00b and pr0. Hardest game difficulty = legend? it is nearly impossible to win with Fedor Emelianenko

I've never played before but I watch matches on TV from time to time, is it any good?

It's alright. I like the roster in EA MMA more than the UFC games. I LOVE the roster in this game. LOVE IT.

The gameplay was solid. It didn't suck, it wasn't great, but it worked. It was all about the roster.

It's a pretty decent MMA game from a mechanics point of view, but it's like the second coming of the PRIDE FC game. The roster is the basically MMA Legends and awesome.

That's a good way putting it! It's basically a successor to THQ's Pride FC without being done by THQ. The main reason I enjoyed the game was for the roster of mostly MMA legends.

I had forgotten all about Pride FC. Looking back at that game, EA MMA was a deeper version of that with roughly the same roster. I like the current UFC games, but the rosters don't interest me much. I'm a fan of 90s and early 2000s MMA.

So this game isn't better than the UFC games that were released? It seems like the glowing point is just in the roster.

It's on par with the first UFC games on PS3/360. As the series stands though: 75% the roster, 25% the gameplay.

That sounds about right. The gameplay didn't even bother me since I had Ken Shamrock to play with.

I wish Sakuraba and more Gracies were in it. Should've done it like the Knockout Kings/Fight Night games and add legends who were retired or deceased.

I finally played EA MMA over my cousin's house. It was alright. It doesn't measure up to THQ's UFC games, but it shows that EA could deliver on the UFC license. There was obvious potential in EA trying out a new sport.

Back