Have you known anyone who died young?

alycat32

I had a guy from my graduating high school class die in a freak training accident. He was a Marine. He was only 20 at the time. It was quite shocking. It was the first funeral I'd ever been to and as you'd expect it was awful. His funeral was at the high school because he'd been so popular and loved. I remember hugging his little sister, who sadly just three years later died in a car accident at the age of I believe 17 or 18. Their mom and dad only have one child left. I can't imagine what it's like to lose two siblings or two children period, let alone a few years apart.

My younger brother had a few kids die during his time in high school. One hung himself, three others died in car accidents.

My sister just informed me that a 14 year old boy back home, about to start high school, posted a suicide note on his Facebook wall and then shot himself. People were writing to him not to do it, but no one knows for sure if he read any of the comments before he did it.

I just remembered a few more I didn't include.

A girl that I knew in preschool, but not again until jr high was stabbed to death when she was dropping a friend off at home a d they ran into druggies who were trying to rob the place.it was extremely tragic. They didnt even remove her body from the van, they just covered the van and shipped it off to forensics.

Another boy I knew all through Gradeschool dropped out when he was in highschool. His death at 19 or 20 was suspicious. He was found badly bruised and lying face down in a puddle in the woods.

Another boy from highschool died in a snowmobile accident shortly after completing his first year as the new PE teacher at our o,d school, and one more died of a suspected overdose.

There was a kid from my home town I went to the same school with. He was hit by a truck and died instantly. And as far as I remember there was some kid killed by some guy for sexual pleasure but this kid I didn't know.

Wow that's really sad :( as I grow older it's inevitable that more people I know are going to be passing away, but when it's someone that's barely out of high school or younger, it's shocking!
Sadly I often see people in their 60s and younger in the obituary section of my newspaper back home. These are people my parents age and its scary thinking of them dying already.

quite a few but one that always stuck with me was:

friend who was a football player.. scouted to go pro travel the world playing rugby,football all over the world.. arena football the works.. died in his sleep of a heart attack at 22.

also had a friend who was a miracle child lived to 23... was given 2 yars as a babby... had a hole in his heart and was a poster child for the ronald mcdonald house.

quite a few but one that always stuck with me was:

friend who was a football player.. scouted to go pro travel the world playing rugby,football all over the world.. arena football the works.. died in his sleep of a heart attack at 22.

also had a friend who was a miracle child lived to 23... was given 2 yars as a babby... had a hole in his heart and was a poster child for the ronald mcdonald house.

Oh god that's so sad :( that had to have been a major shocker. A 22 year old, in shape, dies of a heart attack. Damn.

While it's awesome that kid beat the odds to live so long past 2, 23 is oh so very young.

I have to tell you guys..it kills me inside when I hear about kids as young as 10 killing themselves.

My childhood friend died when he was 14. It was the most tragic thing to me. I was so young i never thought i would have to deal with anything like that.He died from playing with a gun.

Yes I have known several people that passed away young. It is unfortunate because I feel like their life has basically just begun. Recently a classmate of mines just passed away from a car wreck. Her and another girl were driving and the driver lost control and they hit a tree. My classmate died on scene and the other girl died after she made it to the hospital. It made me realize that life is to short to be playing games and taking unnecessary risk. It also open my eyes that maybe my problems aren't as big as I would like them to be. But people are dying everyday and most of the time it is just unexpected. I am so sorry for your lost. I know through time it gets easy but I don't ever think that the pain goes away completely.

Antoinette

I had a guy from my graduating high school class die in a freak training accident. He was a Marine. He was only 20 at the time. It was quite shocking. It was the first funeral I'd ever been to and as you'd expect it was awful. His funeral was at the high school because he'd been so popular and loved. I remember hugging his little sister, who sadly just three years later died in a car accident at the age of I believe 17 or 18. Their mom and dad only have one child left. I can't imagine what it's like to lose two siblings or two children period, let alone a few years apart.

My younger brother had a few kids die during his time in high school. One hung himself, three others died in car accidents.

well yeah, both in my personal life and famous people too, a friend of mine drowned in a lake when he was like 16 years old...

Unfortunately part of life is the loss of life. Death tends to not discriminate, it does not see color, age, health or anything like that. I had a friend, a very close friend, die a few weeks before our prom. That was years and year ago. It was very sad. I don't feel like writing a book about it at the moment but all I can say is that the loss of life should inspire the living.

When its your time, you should not regret, you should not be sad for the opportunities that you lost. Instead, every idea, everything you want to do, everything thats in front of you, you should chase and conquer.

Conquer it all.

Plenty growing up surprisingly. A good friend stabbed in high school and another recently took his life. Never think to say something til its too late.

My friend was only 2 years old when he died in a bike accident. The truck struck him and ran away leaving him begging to help. No one came out to help him and take him to hospital.

Back