How long do you think Xbox Live on the 360 will be worth it?

Well that's it, I mean just because in the future the games developers will stop releasing new titles for the 360, there's still going to be the huge back catalogue of games that are already out there.

There's probably even games on the 360 that will never be released on the Xbox ONE so the 360 is worth keeping aswell, for that reason alone.

360 live will be amazing for years to come. It's still a great investment. Most people might not realize that the 360 will get more popular as the one gets popular due to price drops and used edition sales, so live will be healthy for quite some time.

The only problem I can see is if Microsoft stop the support of the 360, that could be an issue. If they shut the 369 servers down and only leave the ONE's online status up and running, I'm not sure people will still be buying the 360 if they aren't able to still play online.

I'm not saying that Microsoft will do that, but it's in their hands if they want to or not.

I'd say in the next three years, XBox One and PS4 will officially take over. I give it a few more years for the prices to go down to something reasonable like $229.99 USD and they'll sale like hotcakes. But you don't need to worry about your XBox Live membership. It's all the same no matter what console.

I wouldn't think that live on 360 will turn into a ghost town or anything like that. Microsoft will continue to offer customer support and patches. I would maybe look at the One as a blessing in disguise, it will root out some annoying children and may save your eardrums! Now that I said that I feel really old :). Let me know what you decide to do. Personally I will be sticking with the 360.

Back