Original Xbox How long since you had it ?

I had my first one for a year when it red ring'd. I didn't buy anything Xbox branded until some years later. Someone jinxed me and my 360 got red ring'd as well.

Reactions: Guy
I purchased mine 2 weeks after launch back in 2005. Granted I upgrade versions a few times in between going to the Modern Warfare 2 edition and then to the S version

I have had it for about 8 years and i still play it. I have a great collection of games for my Xbox. I have never even thought about selling the console once.

That's good. Older consoles still have some umph in them and shouldn't just be sold off because they're old.

I have had it for about 8 years and i still play it. I have a great collection of games for my Xbox. I have never even thought about selling the console once.

That's awesome, I really should've kept mine. At least they're inexpensive now so I might pick one up.

I bought my first Xbox, the original one, back in 2004, and I stopped playing with in last 2010. I still haven't got any of the newer Xbox's but I am planning to buy one soon.

I pulled off buying the xbox until last year when I played halo 4 at my friend's house and was instantly hooked. After playing it, I just knew I had to get the xbox. I'm usually a sucker for games. I'll buy consoles not because of the consoles themselves but because some spectacular game came out and I want to play that game. I did the same for almost every console in existence.

I have had my console I think for about 7-8 years and I must say that she is still working in good condition. I still play it from time to time for memories sake. I have a good collection of video games on it and I still like going back and playing GTA San Andreas. I still do my best to keep it working. I had two actually but I sold the other one to a friend but the one that I have now is the first that I had ever bought. I still like the Xbox it really had some great titles on it.

I got my original Xbox basically right when it came out. It's funny, I remember playing it thinking "WOW! There is no way they will ever be able to top this!". Now when I go back and play it I think "Wow, this was terrible" hahaha.

I didn't have my own one until three years ago. Until then I played on the consoles of my friends or just played games online. I like being able to play games alone now.

I bought my original Xbox the day it was released back in November 2001, which makes it about 13 years old. It is still working like the day I got it. The only issue I have had with it is that the lens gets dirty pretty often or else it will not read my games.

I have had it for not quite three years after being a long time user of PS. I received it as a gift so I was somewhat uncertain whether or not I would like it. Yup, I do like it!

I guess that I have had it for about 18 months, it really doesn't seem like that long. I have had PS but I decided when I got a new console it would be an Xbox.

This thread brings vintage memories, my older brother who saved up money from Taco Bell bought the original Xbox when it had first come out. I can only remember what happened to Xbox 360 and it broke by the three red rings, then after awhile we bought another one and when that got old the disk tray was having problems opening so we had to get it fixed. We sold it and we bought a four gigabyte Xbox 360 which I do not play anymore because of minimal space, so I have had a Xbox 360 till this day and I hope will get back to playing it, but with most of my friends turning in their Xbox 360s and buying the Xbox One I think it will be rare to go back to playing it. I think people should only keep their Xbox 360 if you are willing to put in time and play some classic games.

Well this is actually one of the few consoles that I got fairly soon after being released. I usually like to wait a little bit, either for the price to come down just a tad or to get the full reviews and see which games I should buy. This one was a rare instance though where I just had nothing new to play so I decided to get it. I guess hat makes it about, what, 13 years?

Its been 2 years since I have had xbox. I am currently scouting for games and putting some money aside to buy them. Hopefully I am able to get at-least 2 to 3 this month, as I am on a budget.

I had my first one for a year when it red ring'd. I didn't buy anything Xbox branded until some years later. Someone jinxed me and my 360 got red ring'd as well.

Mines didn't do that, it actually still works, but that's probably because I didn't play it as hard as I did with my PS2. I remember it being so big when I first got it. My mom tricked me into thinking I got it for Christmas, but it was a box about the same size with an alarm clock in it.

She laughed in my face because she knew what I thought it was. I still have my original one, but I have had many 360's over the years.

Back