Xbox One how to chat on plants vs zombines?

tom356

Hi

My son has xbox one, when he playing his plants vs zombies you can hear other people talking, you can also see a speaker behind their name and when my son talks you can see a speaker appear next to his name.

One time he was able to talk to someone but not any more without setting up any mic , xbox one must have a built in mic..

How to you start a chat?
thank you

Hi

My son has xbox one, when he playing his plants vs zombies you can hear other people talking, you can also see a speaker behind their name and when my son talks you can see a speaker appear next to his name.

One time he was able to talk to someone but not any more without setting up any mic , xbox one must have a built in mic..

How to you start a chat?
thank you

I honestly have no idea. I guess you could just look it up online. I play it without chatting with anyone.

There is a mic on the Kinect. Not sure if that's what you are asking, but there is a setting under Kinect settings which is called something like, "use Kinect for chat". If you check that you can speak to others without using the mic connected to the controller. Sometimes you won't hear others and they won't hear you if they are in"private chat". I think their speakers still light up in private chat. Not sure how old your kid is but some of the chat can be very adult. A youngster will certainly learn some new vocab words.

Can you type something, actually? I have always used my mic anyway.

I found it annoying in plants vs zombies. My kids play it as well and I got tired of hearing others talking all the time so I turned off all mic connections from the kinnect in the settings tab. That way they wont hear anyone cursing and such over a game that they love to play. They are 8 and 6, so I don't need them hearing the F bomb all the time like some people say during the game. But most of all, it is annoying to hear other kids playing that are just talking and not realizing the mic is broadcasting everything they say. I had one game that a father was playing and his had to be 4 year old son was talking non stop about what he was doing in the game... then when the timer started showing there was about 30 seconds left in the game, he counted down each second.... I could not wait to mute him.. but you have to go to the menu screen and do it each individual you don't want to hear... its easier just to turn them all off threw settings and then back on if you want to set up a chat with friends....

I found it annoying in plants vs zombies. My kids play it as well and I got tired of hearing others talking all the time so I turned off all mic connections from the kinnect in the settings tab. That way they wont hear anyone cursing and such over a game that they love to play. They are 8 and 6, so I don't need them hearing the F bomb all the time like some people say during the game. But most of all, it is annoying to hear other kids playing that are just talking and not realizing the mic is broadcasting everything they say. I had one game that a father was playing and his had to be 4 year old son was talking non stop about what he was doing in the game... then when the timer started showing there was about 30 seconds left in the game, he counted down each second.... I could not wait to mute him.. but you have to go to the menu screen and do it each individual you don't want to hear... its easier just to turn them all off threw settings and then back on if you want to set up a chat with friends....

That's what I do man. I hear you.

I set up my kid's account so he can only speak to and hear his friends and he can't add a friend without my approval. But yeah the Kinect chat is turned off also.

I set up my kid's account so he can only speak to and hear his friends and he can't add a friend without my approval. But yeah the Kinect chat is turned off also.

How do you turn it off anyways. I have no idea. My daughter chats always with her cousins. I want to tease her a bit.

How do you turn it off anyways. I have no idea. My daughter chats always with her cousins. I want to tease her a bit.

Go into Kinect settings and there is a check box next to something like, "use Kinect for voice chat". Uncheck that and it turns it off. You can log in on Xbox.com and go into "my account" for parental controls to change the rest of the settings if you really wanna mess with her.

Go into Kinect settings and there is a check box next to something like, "use Kinect for voice chat". Uncheck that and it turns it off. You can log in on Xbox.com and go into "my account" for parental controls to change the rest of the settings if you really wanna mess with her.

Didn't know that too. haha. hey knives0302 don't you do that to your daughter she might get pissed and ruin your games.

Back