Xbox 360 How To Fix Your Red Ring Of Death (Easy)

Caillou

Former Moderator
From
Iowa

Please tell me if this helped, it is very helpful.

My AVI Cables were broken so i did not show up on my tv.

Interesting, I have heard about the towel trick floating around, and only worked for certain people. I don't get the logic behind this though, what will jamming the fans and overheating the Xbox do? I believe this will result in the same thing. It will fix for some people, and not work for some people. As of right now, I haven't experienced any RROD yet, but if I ever encounter this, I'll probably use this technique if it works.

Stopping the fans will be the main reason it will overheat. The fans speed up the hotter you xbox gets so if you stop them completely. your xbox will heat up very quickly.

Well, if it's not working anyway, what's the risk? I haven't had a RROD yet, myself, but if it does happen I'll probably give this a try. I wonder if it works for the slim console? I'd want to remove the hard drive first, just in case, since those things are not cheap and I'm already on my second one as it is.

If your slim gets red ring of death, its a hard drive issue. Simply remove the hard drive and plug it back in.

Have been lucky and haven't had the red ring of death yet, but I have read about getting external fans for my 360. Does anyone else have fans for those long gaming sessions? I have tons of chill pads for my laptops. I feel like I just need one cold room for all of my electronics at this point. :p

Haha, true that, my room needs to be freezing all the time. :p

I have not had the ring of death on my new console that I bought but I remember the last console that I had I had suffered from the ring of death. All I had to do was let the game warm up by wrapping a towel around it and I must say that it worked every single time.

Back