Xbox One How to Use Internet Explorer on Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Stuck in a game? Need to pull up a FAQ or Guide in a hurry? No problem! Xbox One comes packed with Internet Explorer and allows it to be used simultaneously while gaming or doing various other things on your new Xbox One console. Now you just need to know how to do it, so lets get into it.

IE IGN.jpg
IE 2.jpg
Photos via IGN

As I mentioned before the app is already installed on the console, but if you need to download the app, simply go to the apps store where it will be available for free. The Xbox version of IE functions much like any other version, except that the left analog stick will control your pointer and the right analog stick controls your scrolling. The rest of the controls will likely take some getting used to, but aren’t in any way complicated.

IE New.jpg
Photos via IGN

The first thing you will need to know how to access is the address bar, which can be summoned by pressing the “View” button or what used to be the “Back” button which now has a symbol of two small windows or boxes. The “B” button is predictably used to go back to a previous page and the “A” button is used for mouse clicks. The bumpers can be used to navigate between tabs, clicking the left stick allows you to zoom in; the triggers can also be used to zoom, but in smaller increments.

Internet Explorer supports the Kinect’s hand gestures (“motion control”), as well as voice commands. Saying "Xbox, Select" will bring up a list of voice commands to use on Internet Explorer ("Browse to" or "Click on").

One last thing to note is that Internet Explorer can be snapped which makes it al the more convenient.

IE Snap.jpg
Photos via IGN

Keep on browsing folks! Let me know if you have any questions.

Awesome! Thanks for this helpful tip and guide, I use my phone to access the internet quite often during gaming and this will be a lot easier. :)

In tоtаl, Miсrоsоft sаid suppоrt fоr mоdеrn wеb stаndаrds оn Xbоx Оnе hаs bееn inсrеаsеd by оvеr 200 pеrсеnt frоm thе Xbоx 360 vеrsiоn оf Intеrnеt Еxplоrеr. Fеаturеs frоm thе PС vеrsiоn оf Intеrnеt Еxplоrеr, inсluding wеbsitе pinning, multiplе tаbs, аnd privаtе brоwsing, аrе suppоrtеd оn Xbоx Оnе.

In аdditiоn, Miсrоsоft hаs inсrеаsеd intеgrаtiоn with Xbоx SmаrtGlаss sо thаt plаyеrs' smаrtphоnеs аnd tаblеts саn nоt оnly bе usеd tо nаvigаtе Intеrnеt Еxplоrеr оn Xbоx Оnе, but аlsо mоvе wеbsitеs bасk аnd fоrth bеtwееn thе TV аnd а mоbilе dеviсе.

Back