Xbox One If you could only have one game...

girlgotgame

If you could only have one game with your One, which game would it be? I'm thinking of getting a One + a game for a friend as a birthday present but I'm not sure which game I should get to go with the console. I only have enough money for the one game, though.

hard to say.. allot of decent free games with games with gold and in general the market place does offer a few free titles.. id say get the devision or get a xb1 that is bundled with a game

I might not even get a game actually. If I was buying and had another fifty or sixty bucks to throw in after buying the console I think I would buy the guy(/girl) a year of Xbox Live.

My choice will easily be Grand Theft Auto V. You can play it for years without getting bored. There is so much to do and it's a game that accommodates for many genres. It's a shooter, a car customizer, a racing game, an RPG, a plane flying, boat driving, people killing bag of fun. It looks great on Xbox One too so you won't get bored in the graphics department either. I'd say overall it's just one of those games you can invest a lot time in. Minecraft is another good example if you're into that kind of thing.

^ whatever the next edition of minecraft is would be my choice. Have you seen the next-gen versions of world editing? Creating full worlds, controlling things like the bark on trees, the leaves, the size of the tree, rotating pieces...I'll try to find you the link if I can, but once that comes out, I'ma lose years of my life to it lol

For me, Fallout 4. I've put over 300 hours into it over the last five months. I don't think I've ever done that with a game in such a short period of time. The only games I can think of that I've put that much time into would probably be the Mass Effect games and you'd have to combine the time I've spent playing all three of them.

lol, 300 hours in five months. Someone clearly never played world of warcraft :)! Just teasing. I have been on a vicious fallout 4 kick this month as I finally got around to buying it, it's definitely costing me a lot of time to be playing it but it's been worth it :)

Yeah the worst part is I'll probably put more hours into it now that the DLC is about to come out. Although I've been trying to play Rise of The Tomb Raider so I might keep at that for now.

I'd also have to choose GTA V aswell if I was in this situation, because as far as longevity in a game goes, I don't think it can be beaten.

Not only the original game and all the side missions you can do, if you look at the amount of online gameplay that's on there and the fact that Rockstar are still delivering DLC, makes it my favourite title to have I think.

Yeah the worst part is I'll probably put more hours into it now that the DLC is about to come out. Although I've been trying to play Rise of The Tomb Raider so I might keep at that for now.

To own at one game, one must own at all games. You seem like young blood. Allow me to open your mind.

http://purepwnage.com

You will find the seasons if you look far enough. The show that made legends. Just click the web series, it was ended quite prematurely due to the death of a cast member that was written into the show.

I'd choose Madden... just kidding... I'd definitely pick Fallout 4. It's a legit game that's also very entertaining. It feels like I'm directing a movie at times.

Try and buy him Watch Dogs, probably one of those few games which you'll never get bored as there is always something new to do. There are lots of modes to play in this games, you can even be a hacker, so if you want to get a game which he'll play non-stop, this is the right game.

Watchdogs is/was a good game, and while there is a lot to do, is there more than GTA V? I've played both and I got more hours out of GTA V than what I did watchdogs. That's not to say the game isn't any good because it is, I'm just wondering as far as longevity goes, can it match the truly open world games?

I would buy him Assasin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Want to sail the four seas like the movie Pirates of the Caribbean? Want to jump down from a cliff and assassinate someone with a knife that pops out of your sleeves without actually killing a real person? Want to shoot cannonballs out of cannons on a large Galleon (a large warship). Want to chase enemies through the woods, down cliffs, through underground ravines in only 5 minutes??? Buy AC4 Black Flag, it was awesome. Pure Awesome.

I also enjoyed the Assassins Creed games aswell, but I'm not sure I'd put them up there alongside other games that's been mentioned on the thread already.

At the end of the day though they're all great games, but a lot depends on what kind of games your into aswell. Assassins Creed Black Flag is a great game, but if you prefer racing games for example, then you'd prefer Forza 6 instead, so it all comes down to personal choice, aswell as how good the actual game is.

Yeah, definitely a personal call. I think everybody would have their 1 game and it might vary from person to person, but it's such a hard call... if mmos count, I'd definitely pick one of those for longevity.

This might be kinda specific to certain types of people, but a mirror's edge catalyst could be a great idea. I've been hooked on mirror's edge for months now, (both first and second) and either of the 2 games could really keep someone entertained. But they have to like it, of course.

^ It's a fun game, but come on, the only game? Why pick?! I get that these are fun little thought experiments or whatever, but it seems so circular to try to pick out a single game..it's the reason we invented more than one...

I'd choose Grand Theft Auto V. I might be a little biased toward the game because it's my brother's all time favorite game and he has been playing it for years now and he never gets bored with it.

Back