Is Mario Kart 8 worth getting a Wii U for?

terryp1202

The Mario Kart 8 game that came out today looks really interesting. I have not played a Mario Kart since SNES, but I remember that game being one of the best in it's time. Anyone played or planning to play Mario Kart 8? I've read positive reviews, but i was wondering what you guys here thought of it.

I will tell you that the game is a whole lot of fun but I dont think that you should just get a console just to get one game. If you feel that you really want the console then you should get it but if you are going to spend money just to get one game then you should not waste your money. I will say though that to me the WII U is a really good console that has a ton of fun titles that you and your family will definitely enjoy playing I can tell you that.

It's Mario Kart, so you know, it'll always be a system seller no matter how many of them we get, because it's goddamn Mario Kart. It's what sold us on the DS originally, and here we are again and it's about to sell a ton of people on the Wii U.

Is Mario Kart 8 a good game, yeah of course it's a fun time and great to play with your pals. Is it worth getting a console for, no not really.
If this game is the only thing that makes you want to get a Wii U I would suggest that you wait for either more games that you know you will play or try to see if someone else has the console for cheaper than retail.

Is Mario Kart 8 a good game, yeah of course it's a fun time and great to play with your pals. Is it worth getting a console for, no not really.
If this game is the only thing that makes you want to get a Wii U I would suggest that you wait for either more games that you know you will play or try to see if someone else has the console for cheaper than retail.

This. Never buy a console if there's only one game currently on it that you want, or no games coming up that you want. No game, no matter how good it is, should sell you on a console alone. Saying that, one game can tip you over the edge to buying a console if you've been sort of 'Mehhhh those games look alright, but not great'

Ofcourse, It's goddamn mario kart. It's the most fun multiplayer game ever conceived.

I would not buy any game based on what one game was like, not a smart way to spend one's money. I enjoyed most of the games that I played on the Wii but I really was not into Mario.

Mario kart 8 does look like a whole lot of fun to play, but I wouldn't go out and spend my money for a Wii U just for Mario kart 8. What happens after you get tired of playing Mario kart 8? All you're left with is an overpriced console and no other games to play. I am sure a lot of people are doing that exact thing though.

Mario kart 8 does look like a whole lot of fun to play, but I wouldn't go out and spend my money for a Wii U just for Mario kart 8. What happens after you get tired of playing Mario kart 8? All you're left with is an overpriced console and no other games to play. I am sure a lot of people are doing that exact thing though.

Then you pick up Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3, and every other good game on the console.

Back