Xbox One Is the XboxOne worth my time?

TheImpossibleGirl

From
Lynnwood Wshington
Website
www.crischillnorton.weebly.com
Almost everything about the XboxOne captivates me. However, there is one thing that hinders me from truly wanting the new XboxOne. I love the 360 and all of it's features. It is backwards compatible for most original xbox games. Here is the down side. I have been reading quite a few things online said to be directly from Microsoft. It is said that the XboxOne will NOT be backwards compatible for ANY Xbox 360 games.Is this true? If this is true, is it really worth spending my money on such a console? I have collected many Xbox 360 games in my time and I truly don't wish to start all over and re-collect them as XboxOne games. Will they even make the same games? I don't want to loose my COD Black ops, COD black ops 2, Halo games, Sim games, excreta. What are your opinions? Is it worth my time and money? Why or why not?

My thought is that the Xbox One is going to be around for probably 8 - 13 years. If you're truly in love with the experiences that the 360 has, then its not a bad idea to capitalize on the various price drops that are going to take place. Games, extras, and content in general will be cheaper and if something happens to your current 360 the cost of replacement will be lighter. The XbOne will still happily be waiting on a shelf somewhere for you to pick it up.

Remember, its not about having the latest and greatest thing, but instead gaming to the level that best fits you.

Almost everything about the XboxOne captivates me. However, there is one thing that hinders me from truly wanting the new XboxOne. I love the 360 and all of it's features. It is backwards compatible for most original xbox games. Here is the down side. I have been reading quite a few things online said to be directly from Microsoft. It is said that the XboxOne will NOT be backwards compatible for ANY Xbox 360 games.Is this true? If this is true, is it really worth spending my money on such a console? I have collected many Xbox 360 games in my time and I truly don't wish to start all over and re-collect them as XboxOne games. Will they even make the same games? I don't want to loose my COD Black ops, COD black ops 2, Halo games, Sim games, excreta. What are your opinions? Is it worth my time and money? Why or why not?

Well...I cant tell you what to do. This is up to you. You should ask yourself ya know? Because if you ask soemone what you should do makes it worse and then the next thing you know, you bought something based on others opinions instead of your own and relise..u really didnt want the X1. Since that is said....HELL YEAH YOU SHOULD BUY ONE!!!!!!
titanfall1_by_xbulletz-d68p7p5.jpg

In my opinion, yes, the Xbox One is worth your time as an avid gamer. However, that doesn't mean that you have to get rid of your Xbox 360 or that you have to buy all of your 360 games over again as next gen games. Keep the 360, keep the 360 games, and keep playing them both. Once the One comes out, buy it and start buying new games for it, then just play whatever you're in the mood to play at the time. I still have a PS2 and all my old games, ya know?

They might eventually add it to the One, but I don't think it will look like what you think it will...if that makes sense. I think that the backwards compatibility of either console got trumped by the large gap in hardware. Its just like if you have an apple iPhone 3 won't run ios7 sort of thing.

If there is backwards compatibility I would not expect games that are old to run on it. I would also expect it to be more like a streaming service that PS 4 is doing that will take your 360 content and send it to your PC or to the One through an App. Microsoft has done a test and showed Halo 4 being played on the One in a streaming environment.

Here's the safe bet, make sure your 360 is functional and you'll have your 360 content. That's the only thing I would put my chips on in the next 3 years of development.

In my opinion, yes, the Xbox One is worth your time as an avid gamer. However, that doesn't mean that you have to get rid of your Xbox 360 or that you have to buy all of your 360 games over again as next gen games. Keep the 360, keep the 360 games, and keep playing them both. Once the One comes out, buy it and start buying new games for it, then just play whatever you're in the mood to play at the time. I still have a PS2 and all my old games, ya know?
I really like this idea. Are you planning on buying an xboxone? What do you like and not like about the XboxOne Rumors? I want to make the right choice for myself, and getting everyone's thoughts and feelings on the XboxOne will really help me out. As far as I am concerned, I'm still at a cross roads as if I want to get one or not.

They might eventually add it to the One, but I don't think it will look like what you think it will...if that makes sense. I think that the backwards compatibility of either console got trumped by the large gap in hardware. Its just like if you have an apple iPhone 3 won't run ios7 sort of thing.

If there is backwards compatibility I would not expect games that are old to run on it. I would also expect it to be more like a streaming service that PS 4 is doing that will take your 360 content and send it to your PC or to the One through an App. Microsoft has done a test and showed Halo 4 being played on the One in a streaming environment.

Here's the safe bet, make sure your 360 is functional and you'll have your 360 content. That's the only thing I would put my chips on in the next 3 years of development.

Hmmm. That's an interesting reason for not making it backwards compatible. However some of the features I have seen in the GameStop update e-mails, makes me wonder. Do we really need some of the features it comes with? I feel like they are trying to put to much into one thing. Sounds like I might buy one, but I'm feeling like I should wait to see how many brake down and have the bugs be fixed before I invest.

Interesting thoughts. Do you think that by chance they might make the XboxOne Backwards compatible at some point? Or do you think it will stay as is?

Well Microsoft confirmed that eventually backwards compatibility will be available as a streaming service; this does however mean you will have to repurchase. My opinion is that if you should decide you want a XB1 then just keep the 360 and continue to experience both. The XB1 will be around a minimum of 10 years and it wouldn't be you starting over, but you adding to an already existing collection of games...granted on a new console. If you're an avid gamer then don't deny yourself new experiences. If you want to hold off for a while, that's always an option too. I payed off my XB1 already, mostly because I enjoy "being part of the conversation" meaning I like to be in on the action Day One; to be able to dive in to the discussions. Did you play any games before the 360? If so, how did you handle that transition?

If the dedicated servers are everything they are cracked up to be, that alone is worth the conversion for me. Multiplayer on the 360 is a mix of good times and horrible lag. I gave up on it about 6 months ago.

I happen to agree with most everyone else. Just get more 360 games for now. It's also not like you can't have both the 360 and the one and get games for both either. Also not like you have to get the One right away, you can get it later on. Should be around for a very long time so you have the time to wait and just keep maximizing on what you already have. At the end of the day it's all about what's fun for you and what makes you happy when you are gaming.

I agree, unless you're dying for one of the Xbox One launch titles there is no harm in waiting. The price of the Xbox One will only come down over time and even when you do decide to go ahead and buy one, your 360 will only be an input change away :)

You'll probably get to see what everybody thinks of it before you make a decision. It's gonna be tough to find a day one at this point. Make a decision after the first wave of reviews.

I would wait, as suggested.
Heck, most games that come for the one in the next year will come for the 360 aswell, so wait and play on your 360, and whent eh 360 is properly dying out, head on over to the One :D

I know I might be a little overly thrifty about things, but I have a hard time buying anything new for a system I know is being replaced and that's part of why I already sold my 360 plus it helped me afford the One and 3 games on release day.

Great ideas everyone. I will do that. My mind is made up. I will wait until the xboxone comes out, and several reviews have been made. I will choose if I want to buy it after that. Thank you all for your feedback, opinions and ideas. They truly helped. :)

Makes sense! Keep in mind that the console will only get better as it evolves much like the 360. Remember launch day 360 didn't offer much as far as the dashboard or OS, but look at it now. We've come a long way from the blades!

Nobody can answer this question except for yourself. For me, a console is only worth it for me if there are tons of games that I want to play on it. I don't want to drop hundreds of dollars on entertainment unless I think the hours and quality of entertainment will be worth it. Everybody's answer will be different though.

Back